What's new

Smokin' in your vehicle

My vehicle is 12 years old, so I enjoy a morning smoke on my way to work. I will be replacing this vehicle within the next year, and I will not smoke in the new one.

I want to get a motorcycle but in South Florida it is way too dangerous.

I've smoked in every car I've ever had...that's why they put ash trays and cigarette lighters in the cars.

And the cigarette lighter type "cell phone charger" things in both vehicles won't hold a cigarette lighter in to get hot. The dang anti-smoking zealots have gone too far.

Amen, brother! :taz:

Always have and probably always will this stage of the game. I'm 68 years old and when I was growing up everyone smoked everywhere. In the house, car even teachers in school had the teacher's lounge where they smoked. See old newsreels of the JFK assassination aftermath, and the news anchors smoked while they broadcast the news on television, the politicians at senate hearings of the time. It was virtually universal at that time.

I ride a BMW R1200R...I wanted a bike with ABS brakes and traction control for our Cornish roads and crazy drivers! I wonder how we would go about getting a motorcycle sub-forum going, I bet it would be popular!

ABS was one of my wife's requirements for me getting a bike. I haven't had it kick in more than a couple times, but that's a couple times it might have saved me from being splattered.

Ducati 999 here. So no. My car I don't drive far enough to bother. It's more of a garage ornament. I do smoke cigars in the garage so I do smoke around it just not in it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do in my 2005 F150- the wife isn't in it much. I don't in her Mini Cooper. She doesn't mind me smoking a pipe in the house- in fact, she rather enjoys it. But since the grandkids are there, I really don't do it. They are 6 and 3, and still developing- I hate to affect that in a negative way.

I'm in a similar boat with DMP802

Car smoking goes up exponentially during the winter.

Also, I bought this car used.

I smoke in my work truck as I spend a lot of time on the road, but never in my wife's car. I also ride (a lot) my bike has a lot of wind protection and I smoke pipes and cigars while riding. Set the cruise control and smoke away.

Goldwing...

I smoke in a vehicle a lot. Especially during winter.

No motorcycle here. This is about as close as I get:
FB_IMG_1487894894829.jpg

You can smoke a lot of tobacco, and drink a lot of beer while mowing 4 acres with a chicken.

I smoke in my work truck as I spend a lot of time on the road, but never in my wife's car. I also ride (a lot) my bike has a lot of wind protection and I smoke pipes and cigars while riding. Set the cruise control and smoke away.

Nice! I've smoked a cigar on the bike with the windshield on, but I've never tried a pipe. Too much thinking. And how do you tamp?

Nice! I've smoked a cigar on the bike with the windshield on, but I've never tried a pipe. Too much thinking. And how do you tamp?

My gloves have knuckle holes. I slide an aluminum nail in the index hole and it rides snug and is easily accessible. I also have two glove boxes, one on either side of the tank. On the interstate I can pack a bowl. If I need a re-light I will usually wait for pit stop. Re-lights at 75mph are tricky, even on a Wing. Holding the bowl out in the wind stream makes relights rare. Fires are easy. LOL I have a couple of cobs for riding. Accidents are possible.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Goldwing...

A friend of mine at work had a Goldwing...we told him that if he put a roof on it he'd have a Volkswagen. :001_smile

I bet that thing rides like a Cadillac on the interstate.

Ducati 999 here. So no. My car I don't drive far enough to bother. It's more of a garage ornament. I do smoke cigars in the garage so I do smoke around it just not in it.

Fastest I've been on land has been on a KZ 1000 at 140 mph, but that was years ago. One time a trooper was after a Yamaha on the four lane highway south of town, and he floated a valve on his Mustang at 150 mph and said the bike was pulling away at that speed. I saw the bike at the impound later and it was a tubo and had a 200 mph speedometer. I set up on the loop to intercept when the guy got into town (but I don't know how much good it would have done) but the guy....

Oh, I digress...sorry.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Fires are easy.
Yes, they are. My father was going to the dealer due to a brake recall on his 2011, when someone informed him he was on fire.

on edit: Hate to promote companies here, but Dairyland Insurance paid he replacement cost plus the cost of aftermarket things he added.
gw1.JPG

gw2.JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Borderdog...if you are mowing 4 acres you really need to get a zero turn one instead of a lawn tractor...goes much faster. Mine even has a cup holder and you could put some chicken feed in it for your mowing buddy.

Yes, they are. My father was going to the dealer due to a brake recall on his 2011, when someone informed him he was on fire.

I was refering to a bowl of tobacco with a 75mph wind across it heats up pretty quick. Never seen a wing catch on fire like that. WOW!

Nice bikes guys! I have a '80 honda cm400t. Still in the construction/restoration phase. Its my first bike. The project has been slowed down considerably since the babies arrival. I would never attempt to smoke on it haha.

20160904_185648.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It was wild. Brake and hydraulic fluid are generally not flammable. In a fine enough mist, however, they are. They think he had a very fine leak in a line, causing a mist which somehow ignited. Maybe the heat from the exhaust. I'm not sure, but my dad hasn't smoked since I was 4. Once the resin in the body panels caught, it was all over. It even melted the driveshaft. It was pretty freaky. Now I need to find the video of my father doing a block long wheelie on his 09 Wing.

Top Bottom