What's new

Slim Wallet Recommendation? Bellroy?

My Saddleback ID Wallet:

DL, CHL, 3 personal debit/credit cards, corporate credit card, Admirals Club Card (I should just put it with my other hotel and airline travel cards, but have to show it at airports all the time), and my health insurance card. I also carry between 2-8 paper bills folded in half. It holds it all and remains nice and thin. I've carried it for a couple of years, and have carried minimalist wallets for the last 7-8 years, and will never go back to even a bi-fold wallet.

I have the belroy slim and the passport wallet both good products and they have good customer service out here as well

My Saddleback ID Wallet:

DL, CHL, 3 personal debit/credit cards, corporate credit card, Admirals Club Card (I should just put it with my other hotel and airline travel cards, but have to show it at airports all the time), and my health insurance card. I also carry between 2-8 paper bills folded in half. It holds it all and remains nice and thin. I've carried it for a couple of years, and have carried minimalist wallets for the last 7-8 years, and will never go back to even a bi-fold wallet.

I just got mine, takes some breaking in. No way I can fit 8 bills folded in half in the center opening yet. How long did it take you soften and stretch the leather? Mind sharing a picture with that much cash in there? Thanks!

I just got mine, takes some breaking in. No way I can fit 8 bills folded in half in the center opening yet. How long did it take you soften and stretch the leather? Mind sharing a picture with that much cash in there? Thanks!

I'll throw a few more bills in it this evening and snap a shot. It does loosen and stretch. Mine is in Chestnut, which is probably the stiffest of the Saddleback leathers.

I'll throw a few more bills in it this evening and snap a shot. It does loosen and stretch. Mine is in Chestnut, which is probably the stiffest of the Saddleback leathers.

Cool, thanks. I have the chestnut too and I really can only get bills in by folding them twice at this point. The ID holder was nearly impossible to use at first too.

$2013-12-10 13.56.56-1.jpg

This is my next try: http://shop.mitchell-leather.com/Our-Famous-Money-Clip-Wallets_c6.htm

My wallet acquisition disorder is worse than any shaving ADs at this point!

Last edited:

$20131210_184341.jpg

My Saddleback ID with 7 cards, 5 bills, and 2 ID's

Nope-they're in there flush. If I get closer to 10 bills, they may stick out slightly. It will definitely stretch. They go in easy now.

cheers!

This guy is into smaller wallets and has numerous different types. I have the Saddleback ID wallet and have had it for a few years now, best one I found so far. I can fit bills folded in half in it also.

http://www.youtube.com/user/montelli101

Steve's reviews are great for seeing each wallet in the wild but I think he's too positive in each successive review to qualify which is best for you. Sadly I've tried four that he liked at one point and none have been keepers for me. Admittedly this is more my fault than the result of his reviews, of course.

Pwc123

Do you know anything about bison wallets? I had a saddleback ID wallet and it was too small.

No, I don't have need for more space really. I'm driver's license, 4 credit cards, health insurance card and metro card plus whatever cash. I find my Saddleback ID Wallet sort of bulky at the moment, but from what I read it softens and compresses with use. Sorry I can't offer an opinion on the Bison wallet.

Pwc123

I had a saddleback ID wallet and it was too small.

It is now in my pocket :). It's my first wallet in I don't know how many years! Thanks Jerry it's absolutely perfect. I gave up on wallets a looooong time ago as I couldn't find anything small enough for my front pocket. I had just cards and cash in my left pocket. Bad idea I know. This Saddleback is literally perfect for me!

Thanks again for the goodies Jerry, you're a good man!

The saddleback looks pretty good. It looks like you can open it up to access your bills without having to fold them. I don't want to have to unfold my bills to select the appropriate one. Am I correct on that, or did I miss it? Any other slim wallets that don't act like money clips in that regard?

The saddleback looks pretty good. It looks like you can open it up to access your bills without having to fold them. I don't want to have to unfold my bills to select the appropriate one. Am I correct on that, or did I miss it? Any other slim wallets that don't act like money clips in that regard?

You have to fold the bills at least once. So if you have a specific bill you need to access there will be a fair amount of handling the cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVMWxamho1w

I have one of these on the way and will report back. It's a money clip wallet, but somewhat non-traditional in the way you can access particular bills.

I ended up ordering a Bison No. 6 wallet from Bison in Malbec for $116.80. They are based in Phoenix AZ. I will post photos and a review when I get it;)

Top Bottom