What's new

Sleep Apnea?

I do studies that are called "split nights" depending on whether a patient's insurance covers it or not. Split studies consist of half of a PSG and half with CPAP if a patient meets criteria (Apnea Hypopnea Index).

For everyone's information, PSGs are preformed to detect Cheyne-Stokes, cardiac arrhythmias and slew of other underlying diseases besides just OSA. Just like any other experiment, baseline data MUST BE established so the tech that is working on the patient has some idea of what to expect.

EDIT: Also, there are CPAP machines now that are the size of a loaf of bread. Travelling and taking the CPAP machine as part of carry on is not even an issue. I can speak for the US and say that TSA has seen them before and they are approved by US DOT to brought on board the plane, as they are classified as a medical device.

***********The More You Know

Last edited:
P

Pjotr

Because a trial of CPAP can be dangerous or even life threatening to patients with certain pre-existing medical conditions!
Could you hear me that time Pjtor?:confused1

Well, I don't consider myself unintelligent or particularly hard of hearing or in need of powerful spectacles but the consultant I met had:

No such concerns regarding the use of CPAP machines

Please note I stuck to a slightly smaller font size because I don't particularly want to appear to shout the loudest when engaging in a discussion. Given that my consultant physician was directly or indirectly responsible for me having to fork out $2,000, I'll take his word over yours for the moment. How about we just agree to disagree. Unless you want the last, loudest word in which case I've left you the option of using your original and biggest font size. That's polite and respectful of me don't you think?

Pjotr, if your "consultant physician" states there are no concerns regarding the use of CPAP machines, why did he do your study in the first place???? If he has had you submit to needless testing (in his eyes and your's), and charged you for it, why does he have your unwavering trust? Something is not adding up here. I wager that the physician said no such thing, or that he is not a physician. Since I have partners who have practiced in Australia, I know that the medical care there is not that sub-par. I smell the odor of bovine fecal material.

Last edited:
I have a friend wrestling with this same deal. He's arguing with the Dr. about a CPAP prescription.

Hey! I read too many posts about CPAP machine and they are always telling the positive point about CPAP Machine! May I know the disadvantages of CPAP and also right now I'm using the machine but I never feel the positive air!

I know the importance of sleep - now that I've read Dr. Mathew Walker's 2017 book Why We Sleep.

Mostly your brain (beta-amyloid clearance, memory storage, learning), but getting your 7-9 each night affects your heart and other organs as well. ^ Check that one out from the library.

I'm getting the hang out of my CPAP (nose pillow) and my AHI stays well below 5 - and as long as I don't roll around too much my leaks (L / min) are minimal. Just went over a year of use this week.

My problem with my CPAP is the air gushing past my nose hairs. For years this didn't seem to bother me, but recently I've become hyper-aware of it. I feel the wavering and vacillating of the nose hairs acutely and it frustrates me and makes it very hard to fall asleep. So I've been sleeping without the CPAP recently, which is no solution. I think having moderate hay fever/sinusitis is an issue, since my nose fills up after a short while and I have to blow my nose. I tried pulling out all my nose hairs but this doesn't seem to solve it. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey! #68 I've facing same problem I think that I have to change my CPAP Machine because maybe is not working properly! and am facing too much problem having oxygen I read this blog BEST CPAP CLEANER REVIEWS | 2019'S TOP RATED they are having many options related to CPAP check this link and let me know are they having a good product or not!

Wating for your opinion:)

Top Bottom