What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

And the problem is...what? Try these "It's not a gang, it's a club" "I'm not a hoarder...I'm a collector"

If the "Hoard" gets too big
You'll need a new rig
To store all your soaps
That don't come with ropes...

And all Hoarder/Collectors
Know this to be true
The Bigger the Better
Really suits you

BADABOOM! It's always a pleasure...
View attachment 1847952
More motivation for me.
Like I really need more!! 🤣

Ouch. Can you use Cella green? It doesn’t have the benzaldehyde used in the tallow version.

Please know I’m jealous whenever Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood makes its way into your rotation.

Happy shaves, everyone!
I can use the Cella Green. The benzaldehyde appears to be the offensive chemical in Cella Red.

The Stirling Vanila Sandalwood tends to dry my skin out. Naked & Smooth is excellent and so is Unscented with Beeswax. Sheep performs well.

I’m glad I looked that up before I commented. I was about to say I always thought it was the scent. I have thought about trying the green one many times, but, am hesitant to bring a new soap in when I think of the hoard.
The Green is organic and works well for me.
It’s what gives Cella Red its almond smell and might not be what irritates Gene’s skin (there’s also a cherry fragrance), so your guess is still better than mine, Michael.

Cella green might be nice if you need to restock, but no soap or cream is a must-have if you’re holding onto a several years supply. In my bloviated opinion, at least.
I believe it is the benzaldehyde that produces the almond scent.

Haslinger schafmilch is another good one.

One of these days I will order more Stirling.

Happy Shaves

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I can use the Cella Green.

It outperforms ARKO! with my well water and amateurish lathering skills and ARKO! does very well with them.

The Stirling Vanila Sandalwood tends to dry my skin out.

I’m sorry.

One of these days I will order more Stirling.

Getting a full tub of Unscented With Beeswax in some future when I’ve finished a lot more soap. Or sooner because I‘m impulsive and weak and it’s good stuff.

Talking about ARKO! s encouraged. Using ARKO! even mores. Lurving ARKO! is personal and optional.

Two things: Don’t judge its scent by the initial citronella attack and remember there are soo many other soaps if ARKO! doesn’t work for you.
The Arko came in yesterday. Woke up with Gerd at 2:15am and instead of going back to sleep, I did what any aspiring BOSC member would do; I took a nice razor and brush, and gave it a proper evaluation:

Scent: 1960's era blue label laundry detergent base notes. Citronella body. Restaurant urinal cake top note.

Application. Easy to apply and face lather.

Slickness: Nice and slick. Does not require a rigorous pre-shave treatment.

Body: Created a thick protective layer quickly for the first pass. Subsequent passes required re-application from the stick.

Shave Quality: Excellent shave and the soap performed perfectly (as one might expect from a well established global brand), but it was the last shave for the Feather pro in the La Faulx. DFS nonetheless. Will need to test Arko again with a fresher blade.

Post shave observation: This morning, my bathroom smelled like a middle-east pay-laundry bathroom. Note to self: store remaining soap in a sealed ball jar.

Will I use it again? Absolutely. It yielded a great shave. Though I poke fun at the scent, it gave a great shave and I don't mind the scent.

I need to give a tube to my son so that he can mark his territory in the bathroom of his new apartment.

As of a few minutes ago, I’m celebrating 27 years being married to Sweetheart.
#SpoiledBeyondBelief
And a very happy Anniversary to you. They are saying sculpture is now the thing for 27 years together...so
shopping.jpeg
there ya go. Lots to remember and think about.

thombrogan

Modern May

Last night’s cap-riding shave of awesomeness
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (8)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Like @BigAlVista , I shaved after midnight, but, like only a few minutes after midnight in my case. Back to my Dinosaur brush. What a positive difference! The lather didn’t dilute into nothing a third into my main pass. In fact, I got to thin it out as the shave progressed. And then I re-learned

This technique

popularized by our very own @GaryTha and @rockviper

The slickness got slicker and the movements got quicker. The feelings of luxury swelled as stubble got felled. It was nice.

my bathroom smelled like a middle-east pay-laundry bathroom.

An embarrassment of riches in every shave stick, right? I lock the nub I’m using in an otherwise empty Stirling jar between uses.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes, gentlemen. And I wish I knew about the gift idea earlier, Huck.

Happy shaves, everyone!

As of a few minutes ago, I’m celebrating 27 years being married to Sweetheart.
#SpoiledBeyondBelief
Congrats on the milestone. 27 years, the only thing I stayed 27 years with is myself. Haha.
1960's era blue label laundry detergent base notes
Bingo
Scent: 1960's era blue label laundry detergent base notes. Citronella body. Restaurant urinal cake top note.
Bingo again.
This morning, my bathroom smelled like a middle-east pay-laundry bathroom
Hat trick Bingo.

thombrogan

Modern May

Last night’s cap-riding shave of awesomeness
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (9)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Another after midnight shave. Slick, smooth, and comfortable. A little more stubble left behind, so I changed the blade and hope I minimize edge damage to the next one.

Since officially joining the Crapheads Club hosted by @Jay21 , my shaves have been gentler on my skin and my simple, primate mob mentality has kept me from tilting my razor so its comb could appreciably be felt. It’s not for everyone, but if shaving at a razor’s design angle or steeper leaves a reader with a scraped-face feeling, that reader might consider becoming a CRAP-head during the next shave.

Yesterday, our Wee Babby went with their friend group to investigate tidpools in Odiorne Point State Park in Rye, NH and then grab a bite at The Ice House. When we met their pals there, we found it was the first gathering where we were among the closest participants (other came from central Massachusetts and Connecticut!).

During that time, Wifey and I investigated the New Hampshire sea coast and reveled in spending mere hours of being married 27 years. Eventually, we got hungry and decided Locals Restaurant in North Hampton, NH was worth a try. Wifey’s prime rib sandwich and my Angus cheeseburger were both more delicious than expected. Also had a Blue Moon Belgian Ale. Yummy.

Along with a bar and tables, the restaurant also had virtual golf rooms (bring your own clubs, so we didn’t try), some pinball machines, and a “jukebox.” It was a giant computer tablet on the wall tied into the bluetooth speaker system. When I returned from the little customers’ room, my darling bride played this selection:

That version, too, with Fast Eddie Clarke on guitar. Glorious.

Our gift to each other is a resort getaway in exotic Massachusetts in the near future, but Wifey got me three Whatchamacallit candy bars and I got her some tubes of super glue gel.

Happy shaves, everyone.

Top Bottom