Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja Handle
Shark Platinum (2)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of glycer
Lather: VdH Luxury Scented; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

@GBerry suggested I use a drop of glycerin with my Van der Hagen soap. I thought my hyaluronic from amzn was slick enough. Gene was right and I wasn’t. Was already using an Overlander razor; neck and neck with the Blackland Blackbird for exceptional performance in a $$$ razor; and it got even bettter! Also, I better use the Blackbird soon again. It’s neck and neck with the Overlander for close, comfortable shaves in my opinion.

Mother’s Day today. Wee Babby and I tried spoiling my blushing bride with a favorite breakfast, flowers, fancy chocolates, and what women want: yard work. Schlepped the last branches culled from the cherry tree, weed whacked, and mowed with both the $40 mower (it was like a $47USD one today) and the rider. The rider got a new engine last year, but warns me if I try lowering its deck below the highest setting.

Going to call my Mom in a bit and then get whatever is the lunch/dinner version of brunch.

Happy shaves, everyone!

The fillings usually contain potato and cheeses along with many other ingredients (including herbs and alliums).
I was gearing up to make some homemade pasta, but now I think I will need to do some more research on pierogies and in particular some filling ideas, the above sounds like a carbohydrate overload of deliciousness.

As we head into winter I am sure I need to build a couple more layers of personal insulation. Experimenting with pierogis seems as good a way to do it as any.

Thanks.

Being in Regina Sask and of Ukrainian descent, I can tell you the variance of quality etc in perogies can be amazing. The best are, of course, home made or by those who really care. Like my grandmother who would spend hours making authentic Ukrainian dishes. Her perogies were legend. Ingredients ranged from cheese and potatoes to mixtures of meat, cheese, potatoes, vegetables and the desert ones had cherries, blueberries, mincemeat etc. They were spectacular. My parents both made cabbage rolls, buckwheat, borscht and other dishes. There's some Ukrainian restaurants around but honestly, they really don't measure up to what I got used to. Funny thing, the worst perogies I've had were at a Ukrainian festival. There it was quantity over quality.
My lot on my Granmother's side lived on the very eastern borders of Ukraine, moved here 2 centuries ago. They probably lived there near 900 years.

We have something quite similar, a dumpling called called Kreplach. We made a borscht and my great grandmother brewed mead at home. Lots of other stuff I now forget. Family memories and grown up talk I only half remember now, being a child.

A lot of similarities.

Last edited:
My lot on my Granmother's side lived on the very eastern borders of Ukraine, moved here 2 centuries ago. They probably lived there near 900 years.

We have something quite similar, a dumpling called called Kreplach. We made a borscht and my great grandmother brewed mead at home. Lots of other stuff I now forget. Family memories and grown up talk I only half remember now, being a child.

A lot of similarities.
I'd say so. My memories, like yours, are from my childhood with grandparents etc. Wonderful food and great relatives. No mead though, my mother's father was a Reverend. Although some of his children did not follow his particular path quite as righteously or as religiously...BADABOOM! I'm trying...

elvis-thankyou.gif

A lot of similarities.
We can start a "Descendants of Eastern Europe" thread! I'm in.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May

Tonight’s cap-riding shave of awesomeness
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (4)
Pre-shave: splash of water for the shave stick
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

ARKO’ya güvenin!

What a slick, comfortable shave I just had. ARKO! was the perfect vehicle for letting the cap of my Fatip Grande slide all over my skin while the Sharp Titanium smashed through stubble. Aces!

Had what could be my last Boston doctor’s appointment. Everything’s going great, but a skosh slower than anticipated. Such is life. #SpoiledRotten

Forgot to mention we saw a young bobcat on Mother’s Day. Ran across the road we were on and stopped on the road leading to a veterinarian. No pics, but it was awesome.

Happy Shaves, everyone!

Modern May

Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (4)
Pre-shave: splash of water for the shave stick
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

ARKO’ya güvenin!

What a slick, comfortable shave I just had. ARKO! was the perfect vehicle for letting the cap of my Fatip Grande slide all over my skin while the Sharp Titanium smashed through stubble. Aces!

Had what could be my last Boston doctor’s appointment. Everything’s going great, but a skosh slower than anticipated. Such is life. #SpoiledRotten

Forgot to mention we saw a young bobcat on Mother’s Day. Ran across the road we were on and stopped on the road leading to a veterinarian. No pics, but it was awesome.

Happy Shaves, everyone!
How do you see the Sharp Titanium vs the LOI Titanium Thom?

thombrogan

With my very limited experience, they seem like the same blade. Somewhere between a Shark Super Stainless and Shark Platinum in sharpness and as smooth as either.

If your safety razor lets you shave shallow enough, it’s about the same as any other blade only it’s slower than the sharper ones.

thombrogan

Modern May

Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (5)
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm boar brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid

When the whiskers from last night’s shave grew back, many on the jawline curled back and threatened to grow inward. So I showered before shaving to reduce pressure needed to cut. And then didn’t load enough soap for my boar brush…. Shave went well, but slightly slower, and I probably didn’t change what awaits me tomorrow night. Luckily, I have an AP ShaveCo Dinosaur brush with a G5C knot for my Prince Spaghetti Day shave.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Modern May

Last night’s cap-riding shave of awesomeness
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (6)

Decided to try again with my prettiest piggy brush. Read that piggies won’t eat lather if there’s enough water in the bristles prior to loading soap. Gave my brush a skosh of a squeeze, rubbed ARKO! on my whiskers, and was down with the slickness. Rich, hydrated lather that was just right. And then I dipped the tips of the brush in water out of habit and overly diluted everything…. Shave was still brilliant, though. Even though my AP ShaveCo G5C, G5A, and Titanium UHD knots are my top brushes, I would like to get this particular piggy to consistently work with ARKO!, so I may be on a kick here.
Also, Fatip Grande used with cap gliding on lather? :001_wub:

I’m thinking having “sensitive skin” is not the problem I initially imagined it to be. If accommodated, it aids in developing the technique needed for a close, comfortable shave. And sensitivities to fragrance components, when recognized, help save money and space that may have been wasted on superfluous soap splurges. Because, you know, most of us are into that sort of thing.

No walk last night. It was raining and Wee Babby was out with pals. Have been advised against sumō/shiko leg lifts by Dr. Wifey for now and am being a compliant patient.

Happy shaves, everyone!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Read that piggies won’t eat lather if there’s enough water in the bristles prior to loading soap. Gave my brush a skosh of a squeeze, rubbed ARKO! on my whiskers, and was down with the slickness.

Most of the boar brushes I have used, were far better at loading from a hard soap than they were at face lathering. Attempting to face lather with a boar, would usually leave me with brush burn as well as poor lather.

My Vulfix Old Original No.10 is the exception. It has far less backbone than most boar brushes, and face lathers very well indeed. Most fans of boar brushes would hate this brush though. It is neither dense nor scrubby, and needs using differently from most boars to work well.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Modern May

Last night’s cap-riding shave of awesomeness
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (6)

Decided to try again with my prettiest piggy brush. Read that piggies won’t eat lather if there’s enough water in the bristles prior to loading soap. Gave my brush a skosh of a squeeze, rubbed ARKO! on my whiskers, and was down with the slickness. Rich, hydrated lather that was just right. And then I dipped the tips of the brush in water out of habit and overly diluted everything…. Shave was still brilliant, though. Even though my AP ShaveCo G5C, G5A, and Titanium UHD knots are my top brushes, I would like to get this particular piggy to consistently work with ARKO!, so I may be on a kick here.
Also, Fatip Grande used with cap gliding on lather? :001_wub:

I’m thinking having “sensitive skin” is not the problem I initially imagined it to be. If accommodated, it aids in developing the technique needed for a close, comfortable shave. And sensitivities to fragrance components, when recognized, help save money and space that may have been wasted on superfluous soap splurges. Because, you know, most of us are into that sort of thing.

No walk last night. It was raining and Wee Babby was out with pals. Have been advised against sumō/shiko leg lifts by Dr. Wifey for now and am being a compliant patient.

Happy shaves, everyone!
The only acquisition disorder I’ve been able to avoid is the scented soaps and splashes/after shaves. As you said, it saves cash and a Lot of storage space.

A cabinet full of soaps and I've never tried Arko! I need to get a stick someday. It seems to have quite a following...is it because it's awesome soap, an awesome value, or is it more like Vegimite; something that's an acquired taste, but once acquired, never lost?

:popc:

Top Bottom