What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

I am a boar and badger shaver now, I used to use my synths when I was bowl lathering. Now that I mostly face lather, the natural hair brushes work better for me, my Synths tend to sling the lather around more than I like. Although the natural hair brushes take some time to break in, once broken in I find them to be the best. I don't have the problem @Jay21 has with his sensitive jaw from a hammer fisted dental procedure. If I was dealing with that, no telling if I'd put the effort into breaking in a natural hair brush.
and I am synthetic all the way face latherer. At least for now. You never know what happens in the future. Oh yes lather slinging is part of the shaving experience.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm a face-lathering synth slinger over this way.
tenor.gif
:w00t:

I use boar, badger and synths alike although my line up consists mostly of synths (in sheer numbers at least). Ever since getting the Dad Four I have been using only those. Until I have their numbers in sync with the rest of the rotation.

Since using Leviathan I have slowly but surely turned into a face latherer using my bowl only for the double dunk I learned from Al @AimlessWanderer. And I must say I am liking it very much. I see some challenges on the horizon when I will be using TGS soaps again as they appear to prefer bowl lathering first - but we’ll see.

Cheers,

Guido

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Overlander Evening

Last night’s pleasan shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja Handle
Shark Platinum (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Wash and Lather: AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: brush face wash with Proraso blue
Lather: Proraso Blue; face-lathered
Post-shave: body wash with shave binky
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Oh, the things I don’t want to overshare. Wifey drove me to and from the hospital for corrective surgery and now it will be at least a day or two before I can use the shower again. Anyways…

Went a little steeper. Not steep, not neutral, but steeper than the last two shaves. Used a little more pressure and speed. Knicked the base of my throat and got a weeper under my chin (both healed), but no mishaps anywhere else. Proraso blue as both my pre-shave and shaving lather was convenient. It’s scent is closer to an anisette pizelle than I expected, Very slick, though, and with not even 1% of the menthol @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker requires.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Overlander Evening

Last night’s pleasan shave
Shark Platinum (3)
Pre-shave: brush face wash with Proraso blue
Lather: Proraso Blue; face-lathered
Post-shave: body wash with shave binky

Oh, the things I don’t want to overshare. Wifey drove me to and from the hospital for corrective surgery and now it will be at least a day or two before I can use the shower again. Anyways…

Went a little steeper. Not steep, not neutral, but steeper than the last two shaves. Used a little more pressure and speed. Knicked the base of my throat and got a weeper under my chin (both healed), but no mishaps anywhere else. Proraso blue as both my pre-shave and shaving lather was convenient. It’s scent is closer to an anisette pizelle than I expected, Very slick, though, and with not even 1% of the menthol @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker requires.

Happy shaves, everyone!
Heal up soon, Thom!

I am glad she was feeling guilty enough to drive you to the hospital and the re-attachment was successful! :lol:
(this is what happens when you leave things up to people's imagination)
(oh course, in all seriousness, if you did a dumb dumb I am glad everything worked out well in the end)

thombrogan

Overlander Evening

Tonight’s pleasant shave
Shark Platinum (4)
Pre-shave: brush face wash with ARKO!
Lather: ARKO! bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid

It was great having today off. Have Friday off, too. Dreading Monday even though I like my job bunches. Should be able to operate a motor vehicle and take a shower on Tuesday or Wednesday, but, like, not at the same time.

Shave was a gentle scrubbing away of the whiskers. A non-bloody reprise of the previous shave. Second shave in a row without an alcohol splash, too. A close, comfortable shave for the win!

Up next: will a Shark Platinum survive five excursions in an Overlander? Dear readers may have procured entire seats, but they will only need the edge!

Happy shaves, everyone!

Overlander Evening

Tonight’s pleasant shave
Shark Platinum (4)
Pre-shave: brush face wash with ARKO!
Lather: ARKO! bowl-loaded; face-lathered

It was great having today off. Have Friday off, too. Dreading Monday even though I like my job bunches. Should be able to operate a motor vehicle and take a shower on Tuesday or Wednesday, but, like, not at the same time.

Shave was a gentle scrubbing away of the whiskers. A non-bloody reprise of the previous shave. Second shave in a row without an alcohol splash, too. A close, comfortable shave for the win!

Up next: will a Shark Platinum survive five excursions in an Overlander? Dear readers may have procured entire seats, but they will only need the edge!

Happy shaves, everyone!
My prediction........ will it survive...... with honors!

will a Shark Platinum survive five excursions in an Overlander?
Question is...will you? I don't think the OverLander will be doing anything different but is it possible you change things (technique) up a bit due to how many shaves are on the blade? Or do you mean the blade might not survive simply because it's on its 5th merry go-round and may no longer be efficient enough? I may be reading waaay too much into your statement.
More coffee.

thombrogan

My prediction........ will it survive...... with honors!

5 shaves is nothing for a shark blade. Soldier on!

I believe my curiosity will win out and we’ll see.

Or do you mean the blade might not survive simply because it's on its 5th merry go-round and may no longer be efficient enough?

Shark blades usually last until I’m either bored or I notice my shaves are taking much longer, but I usually destroy good blades with bad technique for great shaves in the Overlander

thombrogan

Overlander Evening

Tonight’s vainglorious shave
Shark Platinum (5)
Pre-shave: Al’s method
Lather: Proraso blue; face-lathered
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

I was allowed a shower tonight before Wifey changed my bandage. I turned my face wash and lathering into one step and rushed my shave. Might’ve skipped half my moustache, but, shower! Post-shave is great and – did I tell you? – shower!

Shower!

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Overlander Evening

Last night’s pleasant shave
Shark Platinum (6)

Good shave. Close, comfortable, and just starting to get slow (new blade time soon). Not using an alcohol splash seems to be treating me well, but my neck liquor!

Had a shower this morning. :001_wub:

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Overlander Evening

Shark Platinum (7)

Didn’t get around to changing the blade. Went pretty good, anyways.

Too painful to work yesterday, but seem better enough to work today. Should be able to drive again tonight or tomorrow, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Overlander Evening

Shark Platinum (7)

Didn’t get around to changing the blade. Went pretty good, anyways.

Too painful to work yesterday, but seem better enough to work today. Should be able to drive again tonight or tomorrow, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!
Glad you are on the mend.

Top Bottom