What's new

Six Day Sets

I have often found myself thinking slightly (or more) outside the box.
Hence I have begun to put together a few “Six Day Sets”, collections of 6 razors by the same maker. Each set is individually different in some way. Six identical razors I’m thinking would be a tad boring. So….as of now I’m working on completing collections of Koraat (at 3+2 on the way) and Thiers Issard (5+1 on the way). Completed collections of 6 for Rasoir Sabre, Brian Brown, and one Seven Day Set for Ralf Aust are done deals.
Expanding the Wacker line up (at 3), Boker (at 4), is a possibility but probably won’t happen. Same with the Dovo twins. outside chance a “Sunday Shaver” may join the crew, but odds are less than good.
Really looking forward to the new Koraats. The Piggy Bank is on the way and a new 14.20 with just released metallic acrylic scales should be a looker.

And lest we forget “the orphans”. Only one of each and most doubtful they will see additional members in their family.j

Why six days? Because everyone rests on Day 7.

14658668-3BDC-440E-BE99-02E69A1296A0.jpeg

The Orphans
684487F0-6421-4898-8802-4E0C8B7DB4B2.jpeg

Koraats
C0391C47-3BB9-48CE-BC87-4DA262EA9225.jpeg

Thiers-Issard
F97585D2-40C7-4ABC-BA03-0DCB9BC7E554.jpeg

Ralf Aust
57908F05-4095-4C13-AA55-477BE5CF106E.jpeg

Rasoir Sabre
4217D1F4-2834-4A9B-BC12-48E3D4CD3D98.jpeg

Brian Brown
A83F7127-4E93-4A34-BDB4-F2D3CD4EAD95.jpeg

Boker
43AE3593-E635-4749-AC9C-1094575D54E9.jpeg

Wacker
5DCDB2B1-ADC0-49A8-B5CF-3DE1ADBE9A4A.jpeg

New scales for forthcoming Koraat 14.20
8A518E20-BE22-4DAE-B0F7-AD92FC0149B4.jpeg

Dovos

Last edited:
You have a bunch of nice sets going.

I did just the opposite. I made my own 14-day set.
Imperial Razors, all with different wood scales and different etchings on the blade faces. Put them in a customized wooden Cigar box. It was a fun project that took me a couple of years to complete buying razors on eBay.

You have a bunch of nice sets going.

I did just the opposite. I made my own 14-day set.
Imperial Razors, all with different wood scales and different etchings on the blade faces. Put them in a customized wooden Cigar box. It was a fun project that took me a couple of years to complete buying razors on eBay.
I'm currently ruining restoring my first imperial, p putting more honewear on than I wanted but the cost of learning :/

They're Kastor brand so I was expecting the blade quality to be similar to Morley and sons or Germania Cutlery of the same era. Am I underestimating imperial? It's my first

What a great idea! Now if I could just decide which make to collect.
Doesn't have to be make - I'm building a historical souvenirs set:

- Boker 1893 Worlds Fair souvenir etched

- Imperial 1900 presidential campaign McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt etched

- The Magnetic Razor Co 1902 Prinz Henrich of Prussia and Teddy Roosevelt meeting souvenir etched

- Geneva Cutlery 1894 American Cruise lines SS St. Louis etched

- Unidentified Solingen 1949 Berlin Airlift Souvenir Etched

Just need 1 more.. any recommendations? I would ******* love a bicycle race boker but those don't just show up like the worlds fair ones do..

Last edited:
Historical theme sounds great. I’ve never seen a Boker bike race in good enough condition to bid on but she’s gotta be out there. What about the battleship Indiana razor? Think it’s an Imperial razor. Again condition is usually so-so.

I do have around 5 kropps and 4 vintage dovos, never actually thought about getting a 7 day set, until I read this post, so thanks for putting that into my head to chase 😁

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I do have around 5 kropps and 4 vintage dovos, never actually thought about getting a 7 day set, until I read this post, so thanks for putting that into my head to chase 😁
A 7 (or any other number) day set is great for relieving the stress of SR shaving, the stress of deciding which SR to shave with today. Since I got a few 7DSs, I am a new man!

Doesn't have to be make - I'm building a historical souvenirs set:

- Boker 1893 Worlds Fair souvenir etched

- Imperial 1900 presidential campaign McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt etched

- The Magnetic Razor Co 1902 Prinz Henrich of Prussia and Teddy Roosevelt meeting souvenir etched

- Geneva Cutlery 1894 American Cruise lines SS St. Louis etched

- Unidentified Solingen 1949 Berlin Airlift Souvenir Etched

Just need 1 more.. any recommendations? I would ******* love a bicycle race boker but those don't just show up like the worlds fair ones do..

Boker have re-issued the bicycle race razor in a limited run of 300 pieces, I grabbed one a while ago. Might be an option if a good antique one doesn’t come up.

9E91C895-7A2D-4DD9-8D94-E08FFEAFB335.jpeg

I think the Imperials are great razors. The grinding is done very well. And yes, Kastor was the maker. I don't know why you would have an issue @CpnStumpy.
I don't want to hi-jack a thread but because I was asked here is a picture of my set...

Imperial Set 1.jpg

14 different etchings and 14 different exotic wood scales. All pinned with flower collars and bone wedges.

I think the Imperials are great razors. The grinding is done very well. And yes, Kastor was the maker. I don't know why you would have an issue @CpnStumpy.
I don't want to hi-jack a thread but because I was asked here is a picture of my set...

View attachment 1502156

14 different etchings and 14 different exotic wood scales. All pinned with flower collars and bone wedges.
Holy moly! Very nice! And forgive my term, I don't have an issue save that I have two Morley's and one Germania oxford, and they're middling it seems though that's possibly due my own unlearned hand on the stones.

The imperial has much more body to it and if I can get the edge on it, I'm confident I'll like it more than my other Kastors which are a bit lighter

Historical theme sounds great. I’ve never seen a Boker bike race in good enough condition to bid on but she’s gotta be out there. What about the battleship Indiana razor? Think it’s an Imperial razor. Again condition is usually so-so.
I am absolutely overjoyed. I found one. Should be in the post to me quite soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126-153100.png
    Screenshot_20221126-153100.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom