What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

sir irisch moos replacement.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ambassador
Scent m
Thank you.
I've been curious about it for a while.
I'm really looking forward to the CK-6 base.
Scent may be subjective, but it's hard to imagine a problem with this soap base, it's ridiculously good! 👍 I also have the PAA Diver Down in CK-6 (stick) and does it ever work well.

AA

I just ordered a bunch of AS samples from PAA including Tricolor. I also ordered the F Bomb CK-6 soap and aftershave combo. ( you save $5 ordering them as a combo). I am kind of taking a leap of faith on the F Bomb but I am thinking my wife will like it. F Bomb is supposed to be an homage to Tom Fords F***ing Fabulous. I have never smelled it but wife likes fancy scents. I have never smelled Sir Irisch Moos but I did see that you can buy the cologne on Amazon. Might have to give it a go.
I got a sample of the F bomb after shave. I have the F fabulous cologne. It is my wife's favorite. I did a blind scent test with my wife. She could tell the difference but the PAA version is very good. I will be getting the soap and AS. Probably add it to my fall rotation. The PAA scent doesn't last as long as the cologne. But the F Fabulous cologne costs $350 for 3.3 ounces. It is F****** expensive.

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
I think I will like the CK-6 base.
My biggest issue with PAA is the comic book marketing. The do have a scent guide.
My limited experience with PAA Diver Down is that it is a very good soap. It is on the thirsty side. CK-6 can take an extreme amount of water without breaking down. I will most likely end up buying Tricolor but I do want to hear more reviews on the scent.

I just hunted down my second Irisch Moos shave stick in six months. They are still out there.
A little pricier than the original retail but if you are willing to fork over $30, you can still find them.
☘☘☘

My limited experience with PAA Diver Down is that it is a very good soap. It is on the thirsty side. CK-6 can take an extreme amount of water without breaking down. I will most likely end up buying Tricolor but I do want to hear more reviews on the scent.
I will post a review once it arrives.
I’m curious to try their CK-6 and I’ve heard enough about Irish Moos that thi is the choice.

PAA Doppleganger Review:

1617801788697.png

My first shave with PAA Doppelganger was a DFS+.
No nicks, cuts, or weepers and my face felt clean and refreshed.
I scooped out an almond size dollop of soap and added about a teaspoon of hot water to the bottom of the bowl.
I sloshed it around a bit until it was milky and began to lather with the dry PAA Peregrino brush.
A pasty lather formed quickly and I started to add water.
I added water and swirled three times (dipping the tip only) and the lather developed quickly.
The lather did take a bit more water but not as much as I expected and the brush was a delight to lather with.
The lather was slick, smooth, and had a bit of cushion.
The scent was compared to Irish Spring soap.
Yeah, kind of, I found it to be a clean fresh scent that is not obnoxious or overpowering. I like it.
The CK-6 base deserves the praise it has garnered.
The Doppelganger Tricolor is a fine soap and I recommend it to you

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
PAA Doppleganger Review:

View attachment 1247861

My first shave with PAA Doppelganger was a DFS+.
No nicks, cuts, or weepers and my face felt clean and refreshed.
I scooped out an almond size dollop of soap and added about a teaspoon of hot water to the bottom of the bowl.
I sloshed it around a bit until it was milky and began to lather with the dry PAA Peregrino brush.
A pasty lather formed quickly and I started to add water.
I added water and swirled three times (dipping the tip only) and the lather developed quickly.
The lather did take a bit more water but not as much as I expected and the brush was a delight to lather with.
The lather was slick, smooth, and had a bit of cushion.
The scent was compared to Irish Spring soap.
Yeah, kind of, I found it to be a clean fresh scent that is not obnoxious or overpowering. I like it.
The CK-6 base deserves the praise it has garnered.
The Doppelganger Tricolor is a fine soap and I recommend it to you
I have two CK-6 soaps now and I really like them. They make an excellent lather. The Peregrino brush is a winner as well. I am thinking of adding the Starcraft brush in with my next order as it has the same knot. I am trying to stick with a brush rotation but I find myself reaching for the Peregrino more than the others. I got an aftershave sample of Triciolor and my wife wasn't impressed. She liked the Irish Springs sample though.

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
Tonight I generously applied the Tricolor aftershave/cologne sample and asked my wife to smell it. She said it smelled ok after the dry down. Initially she didn’t like it. Outhouse smell is a comment that sticks in my mind. Later soapy. Okay. Having never smelled Irisch Moos I can’t say how closely it smells like the original but i can say that I won’t be purchasing Tricolor. I want scents that my wife likes and this one isn’t.

Tonight I generously applied the Tricolor aftershave/cologne sample and asked my wife to smell it. She said it smelled ok after the dry down. Initially she didn’t like it. Outhouse smell is a comment that sticks in my mind. Later soapy. Okay. Having never smelled Irisch Moos I can’t say how closely it smells like the original but i can say that I won’t be purchasing Tricolor. I want scents that my wife likes and this one isn’t.
It’s the same in my house.
Happy wife, happy life.

Top Bottom