What's new

sir irisch moos replacement.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Scent m
Thank you.
I've been curious about it for a while.
I'm really looking forward to the CK-6 base.
Scent may be subjective, but it's hard to imagine a problem with this soap base, it's ridiculously good! 👍 I also have the PAA Diver Down in CK-6 (stick) and does it ever work well.

AA

I just ordered a bunch of AS samples from PAA including Tricolor. I also ordered the F Bomb CK-6 soap and aftershave combo. ( you save $5 ordering them as a combo). I am kind of taking a leap of faith on the F Bomb but I am thinking my wife will like it. F Bomb is supposed to be an homage to Tom Fords Fabulous. I have never smelled it but wife likes fancy scents. I have never smelled Sir Irisch Moos but I did see that you can buy the cologne on Amazon. Might have to give it a go.
I got a sample of the F bomb after shave. I have the Fabulous cologne. It is my wife's favorite. I did a blind scent test with my wife. She could tell the difference but the PAA version is very good. I will be getting the soap and AS. Probably add it to my fall rotation. The PAA scent doesn't last as long as the cologne. But the F Fabulous cologne costs $350 for 3.3 ounces. It is expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will like the CK-6 base.
My biggest issue with PAA is the comic book marketing. The do have a scent guide.
My limited experience with PAA Diver Down is that it is a very good soap. It is on the thirsty side. CK-6 can take an extreme amount of water without breaking down. I will most likely end up buying Tricolor but I do want to hear more reviews on the scent.

I just hunted down my second Irisch Moos shave stick in six months. They are still out there.
A little pricier than the original retail but if you are willing to fork over $30, you can still find them.
☘☘☘

Where one may hunt it? evil-gulf?
You are on the right track...

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 20.04.47.png

My limited experience with PAA Diver Down is that it is a very good soap. It is on the thirsty side. CK-6 can take an extreme amount of water without breaking down. I will most likely end up buying Tricolor but I do want to hear more reviews on the scent.
I will post a review once it arrives.
I’m curious to try their CK-6 and I’ve heard enough about Irish Moos that thi is the choice.

PAA Doppleganger Review:

1617801788697.png

My first shave with PAA Doppelganger was a DFS+.
No nicks, cuts, or weepers and my face felt clean and refreshed.
I scooped out an almond size dollop of soap and added about a teaspoon of hot water to the bottom of the bowl.
I sloshed it around a bit until it was milky and began to lather with the dry PAA Peregrino brush.
A pasty lather formed quickly and I started to add water.
I added water and swirled three times (dipping the tip only) and the lather developed quickly.
The lather did take a bit more water but not as much as I expected and the brush was a delight to lather with.
The lather was slick, smooth, and had a bit of cushion.
The scent was compared to Irish Spring soap.
Yeah, kind of, I found it to be a clean fresh scent that is not obnoxious or overpowering. I like it.
The CK-6 base deserves the praise it has garnered.
The Doppelganger Tricolor is a fine soap and I recommend it to you

PAA Doppleganger Review:

View attachment 1247861

My first shave with PAA Doppelganger was a DFS+.
No nicks, cuts, or weepers and my face felt clean and refreshed.
I scooped out an almond size dollop of soap and added about a teaspoon of hot water to the bottom of the bowl.
I sloshed it around a bit until it was milky and began to lather with the dry PAA Peregrino brush.
A pasty lather formed quickly and I started to add water.
I added water and swirled three times (dipping the tip only) and the lather developed quickly.
The lather did take a bit more water but not as much as I expected and the brush was a delight to lather with.
The lather was slick, smooth, and had a bit of cushion.
The scent was compared to Irish Spring soap.
Yeah, kind of, I found it to be a clean fresh scent that is not obnoxious or overpowering. I like it.
The CK-6 base deserves the praise it has garnered.
The Doppelganger Tricolor is a fine soap and I recommend it to you
I have two CK-6 soaps now and I really like them. They make an excellent lather. The Peregrino brush is a winner as well. I am thinking of adding the Starcraft brush in with my next order as it has the same knot. I am trying to stick with a brush rotation but I find myself reaching for the Peregrino more than the others. I got an aftershave sample of Triciolor and my wife wasn't impressed. She liked the Irish Springs sample though.

Tonight I generously applied the Tricolor aftershave/cologne sample and asked my wife to smell it. She said it smelled ok after the dry down. Initially she didn’t like it. Outhouse smell is a comment that sticks in my mind. Later soapy. Okay. Having never smelled Irisch Moos I can’t say how closely it smells like the original but i can say that I won’t be purchasing Tricolor. I want scents that my wife likes and this one isn’t.

Tonight I generously applied the Tricolor aftershave/cologne sample and asked my wife to smell it. She said it smelled ok after the dry down. Initially she didn’t like it. Outhouse smell is a comment that sticks in my mind. Later soapy. Okay. Having never smelled Irisch Moos I can’t say how closely it smells like the original but i can say that I won’t be purchasing Tricolor. I want scents that my wife likes and this one isn’t.
It’s the same in my house.
Happy wife, happy life.

I've purchased a bowl of Tricolor first. Then went nutz and got meself a couple of SIM 'real deal' sticks.

moos_sq.jpg

So far (unlathered) the Tricolor scent is potent, earthy and mossy (almost grocery), whilst the Irisch Moos smell is faint, soapy with a slight hint of chypre. Maybe because it's a NOS soap after all. I wonder how they compare in performance...

I've purchased a bowl of Tricolor first. Then went nutz and got meself a couple of SIM 'real deal' sticks.

View attachment 1254802

So far (unlathered) the Tricolor scent is potent, earthy and mossy (almost grocery), whilst the Irisch Moos smell is faint, soapy with a slight hint of chypre. Maybe because it's a NOS soap after all. I wonder how they compare in performance...

Looking forward to your comparison thoughts. My experience is based on a 10 yr old + memory. I parted with the Irisch Moos back then because it was not as forward and strong. Which now is precisely the reason I'm interested in it again and got the Tricolor.

Top Bottom