What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Boti Ti Avenger AC/Injector
Personna Injector Blade (1)
Boti Avenger.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May 28th 2023

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant - Mfg 1930's - 40's, mid range, well made to last many generations with a little care.
This is one of my favorite injectors, very nimble and its a nice change up every week to use a injector. Had a close shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (7) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent strength 5/10 with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Purple haze" 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber(Razorock) Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave this morning with my Schick E2 with a coated Personna blade.
SOTD May 28 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday
20230528_112908~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (10 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Superb DFS+++ shave! :cool:

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12259471

IMG_5051.jpeg

Razor: Wade & Butcher

Lather: Historic & Oak Embargo
Brush: Vie-Long (horse)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Aftershave: Historic & Oak Embargo
Post 2: Historic & Oak balm

I took my time with this shave. I wanted to do further testing with this soap and the post-shave products. I also wanted to take my time and do more passes with this Wade & Butcher straight razor as I continue advancing as a straight razor user.

The soap is on the firmer side. It's not hard but it's not soft like many artisan croaps these days. Just sharing this in case you were wondering.

Once you hit it with water and a brush it immediately starts turning into a lather. With a little work, it turns into a very dense lather. I have to say I really enjoy the lather that this soap produces. It's slick and quite nice.

I was craving the smokey, boozy alluring fragrance that is Embargo. With its strong, rugged accord you're sure to attract attention. It's unmistakably masculine.

All in all, I had a really nice shave with this combination of wares and have no qualms recommending this and other products from H&O.

Speaking of other products, the aftershave and balm are both great. I really mean it. You can immediately notice the quality. I know it's love to try some of their other scent offerings as well.

Alright, my friends. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your shaves.

Lather Catcher Sunday

Razor: Ever-Ready 1911 Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Paladin Chief 2023 B&B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Mem English Leather
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20230603_085255.jpg

When I do get to my shave today, it will likely be the Supply Injector.

How does it compare to a standard Schick? I have a G-Bar version for comparison which I find doesn't shave super close. Definitely presentable for public engagements but, a bit of 5 O'clock shadow early in the evening too. My whiskers are pretty coarse so, that is part of the problem with a milder razor.

I have been looking at the Razorock Hawk and Supply Company Injector both. AC or Injector blades ... Hmmm ...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
How does it compare to a standard Schick? I have a G-Bar version for comparison which I find doesn't shave super close. Definitely presentable for public engagements but, a bit of 5 O'clock shadow early in the evening too. My whiskers are pretty coarse so, that is part of the problem with a milder razor.

I have been looking at the Razorock Hawk and Supply Company Injector both. AC or Injector blades ... Hmmm ...
I like the Supply SE with the open comb. I have ad every other they made including the adjustable and multiple plates on the other. In my experience, the mulitple plate version were too mild or two quick to bite, no real sweet spot for me. Adjustables where you are just changing the blade exposure usually have a sweet spot where the exposure is right for the razors geometry and then after that you get more agression, but not any real difference in shave. That was the Supply with the wheel for me. (Most other adjustables I've tried in DE too. I fell that blade gap and exposure should ideally change a bit rather than simply one or the other, and maybe not in the same direction for an optimal shave - neither here nor there for the Supply, but just thoughts in general on adjustables).

I think you would find the SE too mild. Look for an Type E. Those shave very close.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230604
Single Edge Sunday
20230604_113108~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (Evgeny Koshelev Handlebar Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (7)
Brush: AP Shave Co Lemon Drop (@apshaveco 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cool

Superb DFS++ shave! :cool:

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12268794

Top Bottom