What's new

Simpsons sold to Vulfix

I would think that Vulfix will need to make sure the new brushes made are as good or better than current Simpson offerings. If Vulfix does not maintain all aspects, in the end the brushes will end up with a bad rap on the forums and sales will be poor. If they are buying for the Simpsons name, and this happens, then it was a poorly executed investment.

I would think that Vulfix will need to make sure the new brushes made are as good or better than current Simpson offerings. If Vulfix does not maintain all aspects, in the end the brushes will end up with a bad rap on the forums and sales will be poor. If they are buying for the Simpsons name, and this happens, then it was a poorly executed investment.

+1. I think the folks at Vulfix know exactly what they are doing and will do it well.

I'm not that surprised. Last I talked to Simpson, a couple months ago, David Carter hadn't been "in the office" for many months. That wasn't a good sign. It any company would purchase them, I'm glad it's Vulfix. Vulfix is a good company, and they really stand behind their products (even if they're not my favorite). Hopefully they keep things the same, as Simpson brushes are truly one of a kind.

Had a chat with Lee about this today morning and he sounded glad that Vulfix took over Simpson's. He also stated that Vulfix's QC will help solve the problems with Simpson's brushes.

S

Secret Santa

Vulfix will be doing everything within it's power to replicate and where possible, even improve, the full range of Simpsons traditional shaving brushes.

All of your comments, observations, fears & hopes have been duly noted.

A point of clarification for you all. Simpsons have been struggling to fulfill orders for some time now, going as far back as two years. The previous owner had decided to sell Simpsons many months ago but was only prepared to entrust his business with one manufacturer, such was the respect between the two individuals concerned. I think this says much for Vulfix, their Managing Director and the way business is conducted from the Isle of Man.

The relationship (business & personal) between Simpsons and Vulfix has always been there. They are afterall probably the two most well known and well respected shaving manufacturers in history.

This deal is a good thing for all those who enjoy Simpsons products.

SS (You've worked out my identity already haven't you?).

:001_smile

Vulfix will be doing everything within it's power to replicate and where possible, even improve, the full range of Simpsons traditional shaving brushes.

All of your comments, observations, fears & hopes have been duly noted.

A point of clarification for you all. Simpsons have been struggling to fulfill orders for some time now, going as far back as two years. The previous owner had decided to sell Simpsons many months ago but was only prepared to entrust his business with one manufacturer, such was the respect between the two individuals concerned. I think this says much for Vulfix, their Managing Director and the way business is conducted from the Isle of Man.

The relationship (business & personal) between Simpsons and Vulfix has always been there. They are afterall probably the two most well known and well respected shaving manufacturers in history.

This deal is a good thing for all those who enjoy Simpsons products.

SS (You've worked out my identity already haven't you?).

:001_smile

That's good to know...

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I spoke to Lee yesterday as well. (btw, is anyone working? :biggrin:) and he said that the "new" Simpsons should be rolling off the line in about 3-4 weeks. So I guess that puts me about 5-6 weeks away from my new T3. :rolleyes:

Glad that Vulfix was the company to buy them and not some huge conglomerate. Due to the unfortunate QC issues (shedding, primarily) Simpson hasnt been a brush I'd spend my money on, but Vulfix could change that.

Dave

Since Simpsons and Coate's are so closely linked, and Vulfix acquired Simpsons, could that mean the resurgence of Coate's?

I had been promising myself a Chubby3 in Best for Christmas but, having heard this news late last night, I placed my order immediately this morning with The Gentlemen's Shop (£133). Even bearing in mind the QC problems everyone reports, I still wanted an 'old school', genuine Simpson brush. Maybe it's just sentimentality. At the time of my order, they still had 3 x Chubby3s in Super, and only 1 in Best (presumably the one I bought). While I'm here, for the sake of UK members, I feel I've got to mention my discovery of ......... Shaving (.................com) where you can buy Floid at £15 for 400ml, a large range of blades (no p&p for blades, and no p&p at all for orders of £60+), and a whole host of shaving goodies I thought were hitherto unavailable to us Brits, except from overseas at exorbitant prices!

It's only certain dealers that the management here doesn't like, for whatever reason. Don't ask me why, this shaving-culture intrigue baffles me.

Yeah... you would think that they'd have it mentioned somewhere... like maybe in a Wiki post or something. :confused:

I was a little worried as well that that range of brushes may also be simplified. Would some of the old extensive range that we are happy with be cut down to fewer numbers? :confused:

I'm sure like me a good number of you have a favourite Simpsons that you would not do without, and would always hope to be able to replace if it did eventually need it with a new one (or just an additional one to give the other a dignified retirement):wink:

Hearing this news I have purchased both a Wee Scot and a Beaufort B4 so as to add to my range of Simpsons made prior to the takeover. I am happy to see how the future goes and what 'new' ones I may purchase in the future, but also wanted to guarantee to myself that I had some 'old original' ones to fall back on just in case. :001_smile

I think the sale to Vulfix is, on balance, going to be good.

Vulfix, while known for floppier brushes, is a reputable company with a good reputation for quality - an area where Simpson had some issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vulfix rationalizes the Simpson line up - I suspect the highly regarded models (Duke, Chubby, Persian Jar, Polo, Tulip, etc.) will remain, but there may be some elimination of less popular models, as well as the lower-end brushes. This isn't a bad thing, as there is lots of overlap between the various Simpson models and it may make sense to reduce this.

Also, Vulfix may be able to achieve efficiencies that Simpson couldn't given its size.

All in all, I don't think there's any reason to panic - but we will need wait for reviews of the first Vulfix-Simpson brushes to know for sure.

Top Bottom