What's new

Simpsons sold to Vulfix

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started yet, so I'll get one going. Simpsons has been sold to Vulfix. This has been verified by multiple sources. Here's a thread over at SMF concerning the sale.

In a nutshell, the manufacturing equipment is currently being moved to the Isle of Man. Vulfix states that Simpsons brushes will remain the same in identity, construction, quality, etc. I guess that remains to be seen but this might be a good thing from a customer service and availability perspective.

Quite interesting. Thanks for the heads up. As I presently lack the funds to purchase a new Simpson's brush, I think I'll approach the sale with cautious optimism...

It might turn out to be just what is needed to get the QC back into the brand, Think what you like about Vulfix but they are well made and maybe they will turn things round for the simpsons brand. Hope they dont make too many other changes though !

It might turn out to be just what is needed to get the QC back into the brand, Think what you like about Vulfix but they are well made and maybe they will turn things round for the simpsons brand. Hope they dont make too many other changes though !

Those are my sentiments as well. My concern is the loss of Simpsons craftsmen and the impact, at least initially, on build quality and consistancy.

Does anyone know the history of Simpsons as far as ownership/management goes? I'm curious as to how many times the company has changed hands.

So Vulfix hasnt started actually making the Simpson brushes yet right? I have my replacement Chubby on the way from Simpson and I just hope its not a dud or a Vulfix made one. Nothing against Vulfix, but there is a reason you buy Simpson instead of a Vulfix, thats all im saying.

So Vulfix hasnt started actually making the Simpson brushes yet right? I have my replacement Chubby on the way from Simpson and I just hope its not a dud or a Vulfix made one. Nothing against Vulfix, but there is a reason you buy Simpson instead of a Vulfix, thats all im saying.

That's a very valid point and i second that. I guess its a wait and watch game now till the NEW Vulfix made Simpson's hit the market.

I don't believe that Vulfix has started up manufacturing. I may have to get a replacement Chubby too and I have the same reservations. On the other hand, a Simpson made under Vulfix may end up being a better made brush. Who knows? It's kind of been a crapshoot with Simpsons lately anyway.

Hmmm, The Vulfix labels tend to stay on their brushes.....

Seriously, I hope Vulfix is able to keep what is good and magical about Simpons should they make any improvements. Even just moving all the equipment to the new plant is bound to cause some changes. Hopefully a Simpsons won't become a rebranded Vulfix.

Name me one product that was eaten up by another and the product quality has remained the same. I can't think of any. Companies buy others to get the product name which is worth money to them.

The biggest concern I have is that that the people who make the Simpson brushes will be different.

The brush makers at Vulfix are used to making Vulfix knots (floppy, not terriby dense), as opposed to Simpson knots, which tend to be quite dense.

Also, the hair used by Simpson is very different from that used by Vulfix.

Not surprising that Simpson was sold - they clearly had issues - I just hope Vulfix can produce "Simpson" brushes with the attributes we've come to expect from them - without the QC issues Simpson seemed to have.

I don't know, it may end up okay. There are many examples of companies making "economy" and "luxury" lines, and doing both quite well. Think of Honda and Acura. Or Toyota and Lexus. Let's hope we get a situation like that. The "economical" Vulfix, which is a nicely made brush that will suit you well, or the higher end "luxury" Simpson.

"Nothing will change" <cough>

The corporate take-over mantra.

I don't believe it for a second, been down this road more than once.

-- John Gehman

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So presumably they'll make the Vulfix brushes in the main plant and the Simpson brushes out in the ... wait for it ... shed?

:tongue_sm

All I want to know is, does this make any more possible the return of Coates creams?

It's certainly possible. I would even say more so than the previous owners bringing it back now that the company is in what appears to be more stable hands.

The biggest concern I have is that that the people who make the Simpson brushes will be different.

The brush makers at Vulfix are used to making Vulfix knots (floppy, not terriby dense), as opposed to Simpson knots, which tend to be quite dense.

Also, the hair used by Simpson is very different from that used by Vulfix.

Not surprising that Simpson was sold - they clearly had issues - I just hope Vulfix can produce "Simpson" brushes with the attributes we've come to expect from them - without the QC issues Simpson seemed to have.

Big +1. This could be good news if they don't change the hair for Simpsons, but I honestly suspect they'll eventually streamline the operation and use the same materials for both.

If they do keep the same manufacturing methods as Simpsons and all of the current Vulfix retailers are able to sell the new Simpson brushes... well lets say Simpson brushes will be much easier to obtain.

As a "Simpsons sycophant" I'm now starting to obsess:

Buy a bunch of Simpsons now to lock in with the brushes I've come to know and love.... But what it they improve with Vulfix :eek:

or

Wait till Vulfix makes their round of changes and take advantage of potential improvements to the Simpsons line... But what if they suck :eek:

Top Bottom