What's new

Simpsons shaving brushes, are they really worth it.??

We polarize opinion like any other well known manufacturer of any other given product. It goes with the territory.

What we do know, is that down the 104 years or so of producing shaving brushes, we have, by and large, satisfied the wants and needs of thousands upon thousands of gentleman in their search for a high quality shaving tool.

We will continue to strive to be better, serve our customers old and new with the same levels of courtesy, efficiency and gratitude.

The many kind words we receive on this particular forum are appreciated by all our staff, we are merely custodians of this great name in shaving.

Thank you.

Mark

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
We polarize opinion like any other well known manufacturer of any other given product. It goes with the territory.

What we do know, is that down the 104 years or so of producing shaving brushes, we have, by and large, satisfied the wants and needs of thousands upon thousands of gentleman in their search for a high quality shaving tool.

We will continue to strive to be better, serve our customers old and new with the same levels of courtesy, efficiency and gratitude.

The many kind words we receive on this particular forum are appreciated by all our staff, we are merely custodians of this great name in shaving.

Thank you.

Mark
Hi Mark, thank you for the reply and for your excellent products. To clear up any confusion, are you able to confirm that Simpson SiLVERTiP knots are tied by hand, from loose hair, in house at the Isle Of Man factory? Thank you.

Thank you.

Mark
Mark, I'll always be a Simpson aficionado fan boy, I just love those Simpson brushes! I have my 13th Simpson (a Colonel X2L) on the way to be delivered today and will soon purchase Simpson brush #s 12, 15 and 16 from Simpson directly.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Thank you.

Mark
Dear Mark, my hat is off before these wonderful words of kindness and wisdom. And you, my good old friend, are a first class Gentleman.

P.S. There is no need to add how much I wholeheartedly LOVE your superior quality brushes. I've been repeating that tirelessly for over 14 years hear on B&B. Only a Simpson brush is a Simpson brush, nothing else truly compares.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I belive Simpsons management are huddled together at this very moment to try to figure out how to address this potentially disastrous criticism.

Thank you.

Mark
~doug~

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush

Thank you.

Mark

I remember a few years ago I had been wanting a Chubby 2 Silvertip and hadn’t seen one available for a long time. I shot an email, you (Mark) replied agreeing it had been a while, you asked me what handle material option I’d like from what you had available, and you helped me get the perfect Chubby 2 that I still own and will never leave my collection. You also did a run of a bunch more for others.

Simpson’s listens to their customers. They make great brushes, and are my favorites in my collection. I have since ordered more, and having just found this thread (been gone a while) I decided to order a Ch1 in Silvertip just now as well.

Not overrated in the slightest.

This same pointed question was brought up in 4 or 5 separate posts in the "Simpson Quality" thread. It was answered with-
“We manufacture our brushes exactly as we always have & our knot construction techniques do vary”.
While I as well would love to read a less ambiguous answer to this question, at this point I'm not holding my breath waiting for one.

Among my 25+ brushes bought, sold or PIF'd since 2009, I've owned at least 8 Simpson. I have no complaints about any of my Simpson brushes. All were favorites while I owned them. Most were bought from vendors, but a couple I ordered directly from Simpson, having Mark recommend and pick out a brush for me. Some were sold to fund larger or smaller brushes, others I gave to family members getting into wetshaving. Some I PIF'd to other members, even one to a member in Norway, because we were fans of the same paddy-punk Norway band. My 2 remaining Simpson brushes, still in regular use, are a Simpson Rover and Duke 1. A son-in-law wetshaves, so they'll pass to him, with my Rudy and Rooney brushes.

Top Bottom