What's new

Simpson, I hate you #SBAD #BAD #MAD

20210212_132710[1].jpg

@Pedigree @martym how is the Chubby 3 Best Badger treating you two?

I used mine again this morning. What a brush. It has bloomed a lot more than my CH3 Super, I believe because it’s more of a bulb than the average Simpson. All I can say is “plush”

@drydown how about your two new butterscotch Chubbies? We want follow ups!

I think the Duke 3 might be my favorite brush after trying both of my larger Chubbies.
Any thoughts on how the Duke 3 knot compares to Chubby 1? I do like my Duke 3 and have been considering getting a Chubby 1 Super. It appears the Chubby 1 handle is a little shorter, and I'm assuming a little denser than the Duke.

Any thoughts on how the Duke 3 knot compares to Chubby 1? I do like my Duke 3 and have been considering getting a Chubby 1 Super. It appears the Chubby 1 handle is a little shorter, and I'm assuming a little denser than the Duke.

I don't have a frame of reference (yet ;) ) but I'm sure someone will chime in.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a Chubby 1 and Duke 3 in Manchurian and for me the knots are very similar; I could not tell them apart with my eyes closed. I have read some very respected members say they are absolutely identical, and some others say they are not. Remember that there is often some variety of knot size and characteristics, between Simpson knots even when comparing two brushes of the same model, size, and hair type. I would expect any Super grade to be more dense than the same knot in Best. As the Duke is not normally made in Super then I would expect a Chubby 1 Super to be more dense than a Duke 3 Best (or a Chubby 1 Best). My Duke 3 is the best brush I have ever used. Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed 👍

20210717_172910.jpg

I have a Chubby 1 and Duke 3 in Manchurian and for me the knots are very similar; I could not tell them apart with my eyes closed. I have read some very respected members say they are absolutely identical, and some others say they are not. Remember that there is often some variety of knot size and characteristics, between Simpson knots even when comparing two brushes of the same model, size, and hair type. I would expect any Super grade to be more dense than the same knot in Best. As the Duke is not normally made in Super then I would expect a Chubby 1 Super to be more dense than a Duke 3 Best (or a Chubby 1 Best). My Duke 3 is the best brush I have ever used. Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed 👍

View attachment 1298205
Thank you sir for your reply! Sounds like there’ll be another amazing brush in my future.

I only have the Chubby's 2 and 3 both in best.

Top Bottom