What's new

Simpson, I hate you #SBAD #BAD #MAD

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Very nice! I agree with Owen, if I had to choose just one of my brushes it would be the Duke 3. Other brushes come and go, in and out of favour, but the Duke 3 is a constant, it is a superb brush, the best I have ever used. I hope you enjoy yours.
If I could only keep 5 shaving brushes I'd keep a Duke 3 in Best, another Duke 3 in two band SiLVERTiP, an Eagle G3 in Super, a Chubby 1 in Super, and an M7 in Manchurian for mug lathering days, and I'd truly be content.

If I could only keep 5 shaving brushes I'd keep a Duke 3 in Best, another Duke 3 in two band SiLVERTiP, an Eagle G3 in Super, a Chubby 1 in Super, and an M7 in Manchurian for mug lathering days, and I'd truly be content.

Remarkably close to my own personal list. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

🧐 I wish they would stop selling that emerald green M7... 😢 Before I give in and buy one...

AA
Mine is a synthetic. In this poor light it looks black, don't you think?
sotd apr 15.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mine is a synthetic. In this poor light it looks black, don't you think?
View attachment 1267461

🤔 Some other extremely classic gear there too, sir.

That Alrossa sale around Christmas ruined me completely.

I still have a brush rotation - almost all Simpsons. Thank all deities they don't make razors!

And I have *got to* stop looking at that website! 🤣 Why is it bookmarked?! Pounds? Pounds cost a lot! 😱Hundreds of pounds for a brush? Nooooo-ooooooo-oooh!

AA

Owen Bawn

🤔 Some other extremely classic gear there too, sir.

That Alrossa sale around Christmas ruined me completely.

I still have a brush rotation - almost all Simpsons. Thank all deities they don't make razors!

And I have *got to* stop looking at that website! 🤣 Why is it bookmarked?! Pounds? Pounds cost a lot! 😱Hundreds of pounds for a brush? Nooooo-ooooooo-oooh!

AA
The best M7 deals I see are when WCS puts the M7 Super on sale a few times a year. Last year's Black Friday sale at Simpsons was disappointing. Not much on offer. It makes me cry to think that in 2016 I got an M7 butterscotch Manchurian delivered to the USA for about $160 during the Black Friday sale.

I would be fine with just the Chubby 1 Super and the Classic 1 Best, but thank goodness we don’t have to make such tough choices, eh?

I’ve read great things about recent Best Badger batches, so I’m completing the Chubby line up with a CH1 (to replace the one I’ve recently sold and it was more towards pure Badger) and a CH3 to complement my recently acquired CH3 Super that is remarkable. I hope they are similar to the CL1 and CH2 in best I have.

I am so glad I bit the bullet and got the CH3 Super. In this forum, the CH3 is bashed as an excessively and unnecessarily big brush. Well, it indeed is big, but all I can say is that now my CH2s feel small when I use them.

In this forum, the CH3 is bashed as an excessively and unnecessarily big brush.

I totally agree with those critics, in fact I couldn't have summed up the Chubby 3's magic any better! 😁

I remember that Mark (Watterson) once said about the Chubby 3 Super: "They are a tough nut to crack but when fully mastered, should deliver a unique shaving experience." And to me it's exactly that.

From today:

210516_14250-Above-The-Tie-Windsor-SSCH1_Simpson_Chubby3-SUBS.jpg

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The best M7 deals I see are when WCS puts the M7 Super on sale a few times a year. Last year's Black Friday sale at Simpsons was disappointing. Not much on offer. It makes me cry to think that in 2016 I got an M7 butterscotch Manchurian delivered to the USA for about $160 during the Black Friday sale.

M7 Super is enroute. 🤔 I kept hearing a voice yesterday, telling me I had to buy a brush. The Simpson bug has bitten me like a piranha... Knew I needed the M7... Just agonized over the grade, as I really can find no fault with my Bests. Yet for $30 mas we went Super, just in case.

AA

M7 Super is enroute. 🤔 I kept hearing a voice yesterday, telling me I had to buy a brush. The Simpson bug has bitten me like a piranha... Knew I needed the M7... Just agonized over the grade, as I really can find no fault with my Bests. Yet for $30 mas we went Super, just in case.

AA
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I have a few of both grades. I enjoy the ones I have in best, but do prefer the ones in super. Best has a bit of scritch, but super has just a tad.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I have a few of both grades. I enjoy the ones I have in best, but do prefer the ones in super. Best has a bit of scritch, but super has just a tad.

Many thanks!

My fours Bests - KH3, Duke 2, Commodore X3 and Berk 46 - really seem to lean to Super. Zero scritch. No gray color like a Pure.

My one Super, a CH2, is definitely a weekly pleasure cruise. But having at least one Super lets me compare. (Well, I have one Elite in Silvertip, but it's not a Simpson!)

I bowl lather 90% of the time, but the CH2 Super is the best face-lathering brush in the stable. Having M7 in Super gives both options, and it's all about the classic handle shape ... I still say, Keyhole is the best of them, vow to get a KH4 someday.

And a Milk Churn.

Maybe a CH3. They gotta be yuuuuge.

And a Manchurian.

And those cool colors ... they come up in the BST sometimes ...

#MAD #SAD #BAD

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I love the M7 in Super. Used it just yesterday with a mug of Williams, as a matter of fact. Excellent choice, @Ad Astra!

"That voice" you were hearing all day yesterday was really me trying to sell you a Beagle!

Yes, the hounds were baying. I enjoyed the chase!

But the hook is set for Simpsons for a while ... an unbeatable price helped on the ivory M7. The emerald green one will have to wait (sigh).

AA

I totally agree with those critics, in fact I couldn't have summed up the Chubby 3's magic any better! 😁

I remember that Mark (Watterson) once said about the Chubby 3 Super: "They are a tough nut to crack but when fully mastered, should deliver a unique shaving experience." And to me it's exactly that.

From today:

View attachment 1267530
Holy moly! That color is incredible.

Hang on while I head to their site to see if I can find one of these to keep adding and removing from my cart for the next month..

Top Bottom