What's new

Simple question: After you apply AS - wash your hands or wipe on your shirt/clothes?

After applying AS - Wash hands or Wipe hands on your clothes?

• Wash hands

• Wipe hands on shirt/clothes

• Neither - post your actions

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I always wash my hands, especially with a ASB or ASL.

My father on the other hand has always wiped his hands on his shirt. He mostly always uses a splash too. He says "it comes off your face, but stays on your clothes" (the scent)

what say you?

Last edited:
It's a little like the debate of whether or not to spray your clothes with cologne or EdT. Personally, I don't do it with those and I don't wipe my hands on my clothes with aftershave either. I shave in the evening though.... so I'm not trying to get the scent to last on me in the same way as your father was. I don't really wash my hands either..... I generally rub any excess aftershave lotion on the back of my neck or shoulders until my hands are no longer wet. Some guys argue that certain fragrances will have better longevity if applied to your clothing. There may be some truth in that.... I just stick to a couple sprays on the chest, wrist, and/or back of my neck.

Ben

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I actually heard the same thing with cologne/EdT. But I've also heard that the "proper way" is to spray only your wrists, then dab your neck with your wet wrists, as those two spots are the "heat" areas and it will produce a bigger and longer lasting scent cloud.

I simply just spray the stuff on my neck.

I'm hesitant to wipe excess aftershave on my clothes as I fear it will stain. But now that i'm thinking about it the only stains i've ever seen on my dad's shirt is from food :lol:

My normal routine is shave, apply aftershave, wash brush, bowl, and sink, so the aftershave gets washed off my hands during the process.

My normal routine is shave, apply aftershave, wash brush, bowl, and sink, so the aftershave gets washed off my hands during the process.

+ 1. Aftershave comes off my handsnin the process of washing the lather out of the brush.

After splashing it on my face, I wipe my hands down both forearms, then shoulder of shirt. I almost always use one of the Captains Choice or Ogallala aftershaves so it fades quickly no matter where I apply it.

After splashing/spreading throughout my face, i will wipe my hands up and down my forearms and occasionally on my chest. I shave in the shower or right after one before i get dressed. My splashes are alcohol-based so they evaporate/dry in a matter of seconds.

If using a splash, I apply to my face & throat & the residual stuff still on my palms I wipe from my wrists to halfway down my forearms.

I use five to six drops of AS on the left side of my face, then another five to six on the right. There is almost none left when I finish, and whatever is left dries within a few seconds.

Mike

After applying aftershave to the front of my neck and face, if I feel any of the splash remaining I rub it into the back of my neck.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I am usually not wearing a shirt when I apply aftershave, so the remaining goes on my chest.

I splash it on, then wipe my hands on my towel. The scent stays on my hands most of the day (even after washing) and my towel smells amazing

Top Bottom