What's new

Similar to but superior (smoothness, efficiency) daily driver to Henson Medium ?

For those familiar with the Henson Medium, what in your experience is similarly smooth but more efficient, esp. AGT?

I am looking for an upgrade the the Medium as daily driver strong enough for average skin and fairly coarse whiskers.

I do 3 passes. Guessing Overlander? What else?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The Athena might be one that deserves a closer look... not inexpensive but not usually cost prohibitive if you save up for it or if you already have the discretionary income.

Eben Stone

Staff member
If you like the design of the Henson, but just want something more efficient, you should consider the Henson Aggressive. I have the original titanium aggressive, got it before they offered the aggressive in aluminum, and it's fantastic.

If you want to move away from Henson, the Wolfman Guerrilla and RazoRock Lupo are no slouches when it comes to efficiency. They both offer multiple choices for blade gap, which can be trial and error.

Didn’t you like any of the suggestions in this thread?
Henson Medium's a lot more efficient than Feather, kinda apples and oranges here

If you like the design of the Henson, but just want something more efficient, you should consider the Henson Aggressive. I have the original titanium aggressive, got it before they offered the aggressive in aluminum, and it's fantastic.

If you want to move away from Henson, the Wolfman Guerrilla and RazoRock Lupo are no slouches when it comes to efficiency. They both offer multiple choices for blade gap, which can be trial and error.
I forgot to mention in original post that I tried the Aggressive "+++" and didn't care for it versus the Medium. Didn't seem to offer anything additional since it was rougher AGT and no more efficient otherwise

For those familiar with the Henson Medium, what in your experience is similarly smooth but more efficient, esp. AGT?

I am looking for an upgrade the the Medium as daily driver strong enough for average skin and fairly coarse whiskers.

I do 3 passes. Guessing Overlander? What else?
I prefer the Overlander to the Henson but I’ve only tried the Henson Mild. I picked on up on BST in aluminum. Really impressed with the shave. My other daily driver is a Timeless Ti 95… very smooth and efficient. Not as forgiving as the Overlander

Top Bottom