What's new

Silver Star......is there a Golden Star.....or even better a Platinum Star

I got 100 Silver Stars after reading good reviews here.
First try: Fatip LoSorto Originale, more blade feel than usual and a rough shave with moderate irritation (burn w EDT).
Today I tried it in another favorite razor RR 0.84 OC, different blade both are 1st timers. Rough shave! Yes it's close, but it's unpleasant.

Has anyone had similar experiences.

I finished my shave w a Nacet 3rd use, way smoother. This was a scalp and face shave.
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Yaki 24mm silvertip
AS proraso greenx2

Sorry I can't help. I've always had great shaves with my Silver Stars.
Piccolo1+Silver-Star_2017-10-23_h450.jpg
PBOCS+SilverStar_2017-10-14_small.jpg

I like them in the Fatip OC as a good value for money choice. I found the Silver Star to be a deceptively sharp blade. True, they are not so smooth on the first shave, but they do become smoother over subsequent shaves. Many blades are like that, even the much more expensive Personna Med Preps. The Med Preps cost about three times more, though I can get twice as many shaves from one of them.

Op, I’m a huge lord fan and I don’t like the silver stars at all.

When most of the forum raves about a blade, it usually doesn’t work for me. Ex. Silver stars, nacet, silver blue, etc.

If you want some good lord blades that work much better for me, check out:
Racer
Shark platinum
Asco platinum
Crown platinum
Lord cool

These are all “A” level for me for at least 1 shave.

Lord Silver Star is one hell of a blade.
I love the Silver Star, and Lord Platinum.
For me and my very hard stubble the Silver Star is a good choice, it's sharp and it's smooth.
Lord Platinum is smoother but not as sharp.
But as always, YMMV ;)

Interesting, might try the Sharks see how they compare in the same razors. I have liked the SS Sharks, chrome=forgetaboutit..... I know we all have different tastes and needs.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No complaints from me! They are great to me in any razor I have tried them in. But just like a GSB, the second shave is markedly better than the first. Weird.

Interesting, might try the Sharks see how they compare in the same razors. I have liked the SS Sharks, chrome=forgetaboutit..... I know we all have different tastes and needs.

Good move! Sharks are very solid in all three variations (SS, SC and Platinum)! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I find Silver Star to be smooth in a Stainlesss kind of way (as per-compared to a Platinum kind of way) and very sharp. My two favorite Lord blades are Silver Star SS and Shark Platinums. I find Silver Star to have fantastic longevity, and for me are pretty much as sharp on day 14 as they are on day one. I've never even come close to shaving one out. The only blade I truly ever hated is Voskhod Blades. Those were the devil incarnate.

I should add that Amazon Canada (Razorbladesclub) has 6x 200 packs of Silver Stars still available for $14.61 and no tax. Under $11US for 200 blades shipped (Prime) and tax in is a no brainer.

i would buy them all if I expected to live past 120. 🤪
That’s 100 blades for $14.61. Can’t edit my post. I’ll be ok... 🤬

How do you like the Racer Stainless bladed I have been thinking about getting a 100......they are 7.99s

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I also like Silver Stars as they arr very sharp and smooth for me ....but one has to be careful as yes they can nick you.....thats what preshave is for.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom