What's new

Silver Star Blades....

are becoming my favorites! Smooth, comfortable and effective no matter which razor I use giving me a great shave every time. That is all

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just started using Silver Stars myself after reading some great buzz about them here at B&B. They are, indeed, excellent blades.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Silver Star are a nice smooth comfortable sharp blade. I get ten shaves before I switch them out. Note: I've never even come close to shaving one out. What's not to love?

rsz012_15.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow. Thanks again guys for making me "need" something I'd never heard of before!

I do believe you will like them a lot

I've been shaving with a DE for almost 10 years, and with enough prep I can almost shave with anything at this point. If these work they'll go into the rotation, and if they don't they can be PIF'ed. For $8 it's worth a try :)

FarmerTan

I've been shaving with a DE for almost 10 years, and with enough prep I can almost shave with anything at this point. If these work they'll go into the rotation, and if they don't they can be PIF'ed. For $8 it's worth a try :)
PLEASE definitely review them!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried them yet. They do get a lot of love here on the forum. I will try them soon.

I just completed shave 4 on my first Silver Star today. I've only used it with my Gillette Slim but it has delivered 4 excellent DFS+ shaves with zero mishaps. I don't usually look for BBS so take my rating with that in mind. 2 passes and a small amount of touchup is usually the extent of my shaves, and the Silver Star delivers excellent results in that format.

I'm going to shave it out ... use it until it quits giving me efficient and comfortable shaves, and I will report on its longevity. 5-7 shaves are usually the minimum lifespan I look for and it is already knocking on that door.

FarmerTan

I just completed shave 4 on my first Silver Star today. I've only used it with my Gillette Slim but it has delivered 4 excellent DFS+ shaves with zero mishaps. I don't usually look for BBS so take my rating with that in mind. 2 passes and a small amount of touchup is usually the extent of my shaves, and the Silver Star delivers excellent results in that format.

I'm going to shave it out ... use it until it quits giving me efficient and comfortable shaves, and I will report on its longevity. 5-7 shaves are usually the minimum lifespan I look for and it is already knocking on that door.
You are really tempting me with this blade!

Just had shave #6 with my first Silver Star blade, and for fun I moved it to my RR SLOC razor. Granted, the SLOC tends to smooth out many blades for me, but the Silver Star made it seem extra nice today.

While users report what they like about a/any DE blade; they mostly forget to tell their beard coarseness as a reference point. That is the first and foremost data which can help someone decide a go or no-go on a particular blade even from trying a tuck.

As I said earlier I ordered 50 Silverstar blades, but I also ordered 50 Astra SS blades at the same time.
I received the blades just a few days later and I have testing the Astra SS blades in different razors and they are really sharp, smooth and comfortable and I have hard and dense beard.
Astra SS worked extremely well in all razors except for Muhle R41.

I have two more shaves with Astra SS before I start testing Silverstar.
I will test the Silverstar blades in the same razors as I did Astra SS; Muhle R41, Gillette Rocket HD, Lady Gillette (for head shave), Gillette Fat Handle Tech and Gillette Ball End.

Any of you gents compared the Astra SS with the Silverstar?

Top Bottom