What's new

Show us your first DE razor

My first DE was my grandfather's 1947 Aristocrat.

I ordered a 38c from Classic Shaving, and then I asked my Mom if her Dad (who had died six months earlier) had left an old razor. He did, and she sent it to me the next day. It arrived the same week as the Merkur. Sold the Merkur and kept the Aristocrat.

The Aristocrat was the first razor I ever shaved with - I sneaked into Grandad's bathroom and used it when he was out - I think I used a can of Old Spice Lime foam for my first ever shave!!!

Barry

I know I started out with DE, but I cannot remember what for the life of me.. I soon moved to Injector, and stayed until about 2 years ago when I bought a Merkur 34C HD.. The Merkur is probably all I ever needed, but the search is on for the perfect razor!

P.S.
I started with my Dad's Slim adjustable, but I can't remember what I bought for my first that was actually my own.

When I started wetshaving about a year ago, this was my first razor. A real classic.

proxy.php

I started shaving in the early 1970s as a teenager living in London. At that time the Wilkinson sticky was the standard issue razor and my parents bought me one. Fortunately the sticky is about as mild as it gets, so technique is optional. I prefer a more aggressive razor, but still keep a sticky in my rotation.

Top Bottom