What's new

Show us your blade banks 🪒

This is mine. I laser cut it out of scrap 3mm birch plywood. Should hold 200-300 blades. Then toss is and make another one.
1000003886.jpg

1000003887.jpg

- Manny

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
saj:
Here's mine;

View attachment 1739432View attachment 1739433

proxy.php
Gifted (give-away), from member Captain Pre-Capsize...a heavy Vintage Cast Iron Blade Bask ("originally made to be used as a coin bank for children...[and]...has to be 100+ years old at this point. Hefty and the real deal").

View attachment 1739434
Vintage Ever-Ready Blade Bank

Ceramic Pelican (Louisiana's State Bird), Coin Bank, (that I use as a razor bank).

Vintage Kool Cigarettes Coin Bank (again that I use as a razor bank)

proxy.php
"[A razor blade bank can be liken to a]…riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". Sir Winston Churchill
How do you get the blades out of that Eveready tin when it's full? Does the top open up?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
How do you get the blades out of that Eveready tin when it's full? Does the top open up?
wheatshocker:
No, the top doesn't open...I guess 'back then'...blade banks were a 'dime-a-dozen'...fill it & toss or keep (I will), as a souvenir. :thumbsup:

1700798935173.png
“[At times, a] razor blade [bank can be] between gimmickry and amazement”. Richard Mille

PS Thank You for Your Service! 'Hooah'!!!
1686801239292.png

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
This ceramic froggy art deco blade bank was made by Listerine in the '30s. When it fullish, I have to shake it out to empty into another container. Sort of a PIA, but it looks so cool, I don't mind.
I like the looks of that frog, but I'm worried about how much work it would be to shake out the spent blades. Although, it seems that the blades would be less likely to go sideways and get jammed due the shape. Am I right about that?

Last edited:
Yes, the used blades behave themselves and line up; emptying the frog is quite easy, just a matter of gently shaking the blades out. It's a bit of extra trouble, but not too much, given how cool the frog looks beside my sink.

All those guys with their cool blade banks, there is me... with an old peanut butter jar (and I lost the lid) that supposed to be a blade bank :biggrin1:

Top Bottom