What's new

Should shoes, belt and watch strap match?

Very well done indeed Preserving our dignity is so overlooked these days
@razorboi
Excuse me Sir, why should you be the voice of reason when everyone is gamboling in opposite direction. Just look at me, what do l lack ? :001_302: :001_302:
mz.jpeg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Shoes and belt, yes! Watchband, mine are mostly metal, so no.
I also try to match my pants with my socks. A lot of American wear black socks with
beige/tan colored khakis, or white socks with jeans - cringe...

For watches, use a steel band with a leather face, or vice versa. Shoes need to be leather with wooden soles. This is just a general rule but seems to work for me.

Can you please post some pictures as examples of watches with leather faces and shoes with wooden soles? And on what planet is this a general rule?

@razorboi
Excuse me Sir, why should you be the voice of reason when everyone is gamboling in opposite direction. Just look at me, what do l lack ? :001_302: :001_302:
View attachment 1006502
What he lacks is class!
All I see is a rich nerd with no developed sense of dress.
He can't even pull off casual dress with any shred of dignity.
He looks like a baffoon.
I'm surprised his confidants don't counsel against appearing in public like that.
And if they do, I'm even more surprised that he doesn't listen to them!
In my experience, every nerd that has an over-developed part of the brain, has a corresponding gaping hole somewhere else.
I mean, just take a good look at that face...
Would you trust that boy with your valuable private data?

He can't even pull off casual dress with any shred of dignity.
It is given he has no modicum of decorum and some ways he emulated steve jobs but Jobs was more of an industrial artist rather than a tech mercenary. Steve was born without a wedlock and put up for adoption. He smoked the stuff with hippies in India and dated joan baez. Created a company only to be chucked out and asked, back in, again to create the iconic iPhone. iPhone is still the same old insipid brick phone and never evolved further because steve is not around anymore. Whereas other than a simple coding put up on an electronic board gone berserk, Mark hasen't got much under his belt.
Would you trust that boy with your valuable private data?
Don't even get me started on that. I dont mean to derail this thread but there is a catastrophe under way, in due time.

@razorboi
View attachment 1006502

He's 35 now, that picture is at the very least eight years old so at most he's 27 in that picture, a very rich kid doing what he wants, same way he got rich, doing what he wanted. Low hanging fruit.

Dotcom deja vu: The billionaire in flip-flops, investors offering vast sums for internet firms that have never shown a profit... doesn't it all seem worryingly familiar? | This is Money
dave

Can you please post some pictures as examples of watches with leather faces and shoes with wooden soles? And on what planet is this a general rule?
Hi! I can't find a good pic of the leather faced watch but I'll take on tomorrow. Here are the shoes:
Dutch-Wooden-Shoes-Hand-carved-Hand-Painted-Clogs.jpg
Dutch-Wooden-Shoes-Hand-carved-Hand-Painted-Clogs.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hi! I can't find a good pic of the leather faced watch but I'll take on tomorrow. Here are the shoes:View attachment 1008968 View attachment 1008968
That's funny....I know the Dutch used to wear them. When I was a kid (50+ years ago) my cousin had a hotel and restaurant and a small farm. The milkmaid was wearing such clogs when mucking the cow stable. I have not seen anyone wearing wooden clogs, or klompen as the Dutch call them since then.

Top Bottom