What's new

Do you match your leather watch strap to your belt, shoes?

Typically when I wear a leather watch strap if it’s black or brown I laid it with a belt and shoes if the same color. Lately I’ve seen several blue leather strapped watches that are intriguing. However I’m not sure how to pair the blue. Do you typically pair your watch strap or do you not worry about it?

The black and brown basic stuff yes as the contrast would be too hard. With blue or green and business attire it gets a bit more tricky. I usually pair darker shades with black and brighter ones with brown/burgundy.

AECA543E-F8A5-42A3-8025-624C41D8344A.jpeg

37B56AEB-5A47-44F1-AB31-B45EFB613988.jpeg

E0ADB527-2A54-4776-A5ED-96672D08BB55.jpeg

C0679289-C1B1-4969-8D6F-F0583566157E.jpeg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I recently purchased an Apple watch and only have two black bands, but half the time I'm using a Mickey Mouse face, so I suspect it's too casual to worry about it. My dress watch is an Omega with a titanium band, so it's never been a problem for me. But if I had a collection of bands I would match them.

To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with a blue band and any color suit, but I'm the guy who sometimes has Mickey Mouse on his casual watch face, so there's that.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I don't. My watch that uses leather straps is very thin, and it is quite a chore (for me) to change the straps. I also have a casual watch, and I vary the nylon straps in it. They date from the late '60s and early '70s. It is time for a couple of new ones.

I recently purchased an Apple watch and only have two black bands, but half the time I'm using a Mickey Mouse face, so I suspect it's too casual to worry about it. My dress watch is an Omega with a titanium band, so it's never been a problem for me. But if I had a collection of bands I would match them.

To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with a blue band and any color suit, but I'm the guy who sometimes has Mickey Mouse on his casual watch face, so there's that.
Don’t be shy about it :)

73B1719C-0095-4B18-9259-A93CA9964902.jpeg

I put a blue leather strap on my Orient Mako (1st generation). I usually wear that watch as a casual watch, so I'm not as particular about whether it matches my belt and shoes. Also, for casual shoes, I usually go with Rainbow sandals most of the year (the climate where I live makes it a viable option throughout much of the year). In short, I guess I don't try to match my blue leather strap watch to my belt and shoes.

That said, keep in mind matching doesn't mean same as. A blue watch strap can probably match a green belt, a purple belt or another complementary color. Though, I tend to think it would look better with a contrasting color as a way to bring an extra dash of color and personality.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I put a blue leather strap on my Orient Mako (1st generation). I usually wear that watch as a casual watch, so I'm not as particular about whether it matches my belt and shoes. Also, for casual shoes, I usually go with Rainbow sandals most of the year (the climate where I live makes it a viable option throughout much of the year). In short, I guess I don't try to match my blue leather strap watch to my belt and shoes.

That said, keep in mind matching doesn't mean same as. A blue watch strap can probably match a green belt, a purple belt or another complementary color. Though, I tend to think it would look better with a contrasting color as a way to bring an extra dash of color and personality.
Just paint your toenails a nice matching/contrasting shade of blue depending on your mood my friend!

I do. It's shy I love Quick Release spring bars. Yesterday I matched a blue tropical to my shorts instead of my shoes!

I rarely give the watch band color a second thought. Though I am usually dressed causally.
I find myself more aware (self-conscious) about the dial face clashing with my clothes or just being a little too flashy in general when I am wearing a watch with a face that is orange, red, pink, light blue, etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I rarely give the watch band color a second thought. Though I am usually dressed causally.
I find myself more aware (self-conscious) about the dial face clashing with my clothes or just being a little too flashy in general when I am wearing a watch with a face that is orange, red, pink, light blue, etc.
I obsess over watches clashing, if you can believe it.

I suppose that is why I usually end up wearing my old Casio atomic watch 99.4% of the time! It goes with nothing doggone.

I obsess over watches clashing, if you can believe it.

I suppose that is why I usually end up wearing my old Casio atomic watch 99.4% of the time! It goes with nothing doggone.
Wait, does this mean you're wearing nothing for 99.4% of the time? If so, your handsome face may not be the only thing folks notice! 😁

Nope. I have never changed a band based on what I wear. In the past 5yrs, I have changed straps on some watches, but because I did not like the ones they had.
And yes, I may chose to wear one watch over another based on how they mix with the clothes/shoes (but for most of my life I did not care and wore a Casio (with a calculator...)back then needed for work :eek2:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom