What's new

Shield Predator Gem Razor vs. The Phoenix Starling V3 Single Edge Safety Razor

My Predator is always a great close shave with GEM Ptfe blades, I might buy another as a back up it's that good.
Bullgoose sent out a 15% off coupon today. So I had a look and they raised the price to $160!
I paid $118 with the $10 off coupon last week!
With the 15% off it would have been an excellent deal at $108
So they send out a 15% off coupon and jack up the price by $32?
Not cool!

Sabre will be updated by Blackland. I don't get bad shaves with the L1 but it is a mild shave I admit.

Try the Vestige.
Please tell me how you know the Sabre will be updated. It looks to me like it's gone. I don't know why it's even on the website as they haven't had it in stock for over a year, except for one short "limited" sale that lasted some hours before they were all gone (might be slight exaggeration). I emailed Blackland about the Sabre many months ago asking about availability and didn't even get a response.

Please tell me how you know the Sabre will be updated. It looks to me like it's gone. I don't know why it's even on the website as they haven't had it in stock for over a year, except for one short "limited" sale that lasted some hours before they were all gone (might be slight exaggeration). I emailed Blackland about the Sabre many months ago asking about availability and didn't even get a response.
Blackland had the Sabre in stock (Level 1) till a couple months ago. I bought one!
And it had been in stock for months before that. I had been following it till I finally bought it.
And they announced that once that stock was gone, they were gonna develop an updated version for sale. They mentioned it here on B&B and they even made a video:

@LRod already replied but this is also directly from Blackland’s email last week

“Sabre V1 Production

A few months ago, we announced that we're working on the second version of the Sabre. That's still the case and we expect to launch Sabre V2 in 2024! But instead of waiting until then, we decided to produce one final batch of original Sabres. Production has begun and we expect to have those around the end of the year, possibly December.”

Blackland had the Sabre in stock (Level 1) till a couple months ago. I bought one!
And it had been in stock for months before that. I had been following it till I finally bought it.
And they announced that once that stock was gone, they were gonna develop an updated version for sale. They mentioned it here on B&B and they even made a video:

I stand corrected. I freely admit I only looked for level 2, so in my mind they were unavailable. I don't watch youtube as a rule, and I don't know where Shane mentioned it, but I obviously didn't see that post. Thanks for the link.
@LRod already replied but this is also directly from Blackland’s email last week

“Sabre V1 Production

A few months ago, we announced that we're working on the second version of the Sabre. That's still the case and we expect to launch Sabre V2 in 2024! But instead of waiting until then, we decided to produce one final batch of original Sabres. Production has begun and we expect to have those around the end of the year, possibly December.”
Thanks for posting that. I'm not on Blackland's email list. Good news. I will anxiously await the new version. I would love to have a quality modern GEM razor, but I want it to be on the level of a Micromatic OC or more. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom