What's new

shaving with a trac II razor

I broke into shaving using the Gillette trac II razor way back when they first came out. I shaved with the cartridge system throught my adult life up until about 3 years when I went exclusively to DE's and SE's.
Recently, my curiosity got the best of me and I purchased some Trac II carts along with some stylish custom handles. I started shaving with them a couple days ago just to see how it treated my face. I quickly sensed thst the shave would be close and decided to make only 1 pass not wanting to risk irritation.
Like I said, the shave was close and mild. Have I committed a mortal sin by going over to the dark side of carts? Has anyone else been tempted to do this? If so, come forward and admit it. Lol.

In all honesty, I'd bet more than 75% of us on here have a TracII buried in the cabinet!
I have a couple, and sometimes even enjoy a shave with them!

I have a couple of Trac II handles that get used every now and then. Even when thru a phase a while back trying a variety of blades for them. I have no shame or guilt about it

I bought one specifically for traveling carry on. It's convenient and a sufficiently good razor, at a low price point for blades online.

I prefer my straights though.

In all honesty, I'd bet more than 75% of us on here have a TracII buried in the cabinet!
I have a couple, and sometimes even enjoy a shave with them!

Yeah, I agree ... the Trac ll is a good shaver. I "progressed" into it back in the day and I have a few that I still use.
I think it was (with the ATRA) the best of the carts. Use it with pride.

I'm still learning and testing products with my Mach3. Tested out the Harry's Truman, but it cause irritation.
I plan to go to DE shaving soon! Just have a few more things to tryout and see how they effect my shave.

YMMV. Trac II was my go-to for almost 40 years before switching to DE and getting BBS. Maybe it was the store-brand blades, but when I've tried going back to Trac II it does not matter how many passes I do, some stubble remains. I still have it around, along with 200+ blades in case I ever return to it for some reason.

Top Bottom