What's new

Shaving Supplies at Bed, Bath, and Beyond

It's been a few months since I've been in my local BB&B...they've never carried shaving supplies before. Now I'm gonna have to run by there...see if anything's changed. Doubtful, but what the heck.

I saw Lilac Vegetal for the first time at BB&B. I stopped in front of it, picked it up, and looked at it. I tried to get a hint of the scent through the sealed cap to no avail.
Tempted to buy it, bit remembered how much I hated Clubman, and put it back on the shelf.
Decided to research it today on the forum, and to my great amusement, discovered that I most surely made:yesnod:the right decision.

After hours of amusement by my research on Lilac Vegetal, yesterday (the comercial made me laugh for ten minutes straight). I read some of the comments on the stuff to my GF last night to give her a few laughs.
:eek:Unfortunately, this got her intrigued, and now she wants me to try some for her to smell!:eek:
I had a terrible experience with Clubman. One night she was out, and I happened to be at a CVS, I decided to buy some and splash it on in the car. I hated the smell, couldn't wash it off, and got dirty looks from the neighbors in a full elevator.

I told her, should I decide to do this, it will be late at night, and I will hug her until the smell goes away:biggrin1:. I'm a bit of a scent snob:glare: I've realized (I tend to like the expensive stuff best), and not looking forward to it.
DAMN YOU BB&B!!!!

Well I finally got a chance to check out the only BB&B that said they have shaving supplies over the phone. Its no wonder, because they also had a huge toiletry/grooming section as well. Whereas the other two BB&B closest to me had nothing like the myriads soaps, shampoos, and travel supplies this one particular one had. I'm a bit of a sucker for travel/trial sized stuff for EDC use so I picked up a few things I hadn't ever noticed anywhere else.

As for shaving supplies they had the same stuff already listed in this thread. I sampled a bit of 4711 as I've never noticed it elsewhere but decided I really disliked the smell. Wouldn't mind at least giving Pinaud Lilac Vegetal a try but don't want such a large bottle of it. Really I only picked up a 5-pack of Bic Metal disposables to try out for travel use. So besides those 3 things everything else I could find at other local stores closer to me. Still fun to check out tho.

Oh yeah! I did notice they had, I believe, ALL the Kiss My Face Shaving cream pumps. However they were in a slightly different section a few steps away grouped more with organic/natural products like Burt's Bees & Tom's of Maine (no leftover Tom's shaving cream). BUT They were $5 instead of the usually $8 at most places I've seen. :w00t:

Update: Checked my local BB&B on my lunch hour today...no shaving supplies...but I did find a new lathering bowl!

I hate to dredge up an old topic but today in a frenzy to get some soap locally, after going to every shop I could think of and striking out, I walked into BB&B and found they had Van Der Hagen Deluxe in the "soap + bowl" packaging. The only soap they had as refills was the Van Der Hagen select. SO....... Another bowl hits the mug/scuttle/bowl collection....

It's been a while since I've used Van Der Hagen (deluxe) and I was pleasantly surprised (once again).

Where was the stuff? I've never seen it locally, but maybe never noticed it- that store is so packed with stuff it's easy to overlook!

Where was the stuff? I've never seen it locally, but maybe never noticed it- that store is so packed with stuff it's easy to overlook!

It was on the shelf at the end of an isle, near the end of the store in the last 1 or 2 isles before the cash register (if all stores are laid out the same). You might need to ask where their shaving products are located.

I was just about ready to give up, go home, and spend another unshaven day when I just happen to see the familiar green outlined box at the end of the isle at eye level.

if anyone lives in the burbs of Chicago, the BBB in Chicago Ridge has 2 full aisles for shaving supplies. Picked me up some Clubman talc for 3.99!

Top Bottom