What's new

Shaving related places to visit in/near DC?

I'm headed to Arlington, VA to visit my daughter and her family over Christmas, and plan to wander around DC while we're there. Can anyone recommend any shaving-related establishments I should visit while I'm there?

No. Can't. Get to Lincoln's Waffles early for breakfast. It's across the street from Ford's Theater. Spend a goodly amount of time at Arlington. The "Air and Space Museum" there in the area, the neighborhood is lame. What you want is the part of the museum located on the outskirts of town.

Resident of the greater DC area here. There really is nothing to recommend that I’m aware of. There is a barbershop affiliated with Truefitt & Hill, but it’s pretty run down with spotty inventory.

Resident of the greater DC area here. There really is nothing to recommend that I’m aware of. There is a barbershop affiliated with Truefitt & Hill, but it’s pretty run down with spotty inventory.
I found this short list online...do you (or anyone else) have experience with any of these places?

Grooming Lounge
1745 L St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 466-8900
www.groominglounge.com

The Grooming Lounge takes skin care and grooming for men to another level. For guys who like to look neat, clean and put together, the Grooming Lounge is a popular spot. The company carries supplies for body care, skin care, hair care and, of course, shaving. And it carries brands from A to Z to meet your needs. From shaving oils, shaving razors, shaving kits, beard maintenance and more, you are likely to find just what you need. You will be amazed at what a difference quality supplies make.

Morton’s Care Pharmacy
8th & East Capitol N.E.
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 543-1616

For some people, convenience means not having to care about the customers or the people behind the counter. At Morton’s Care Pharmacy, that is far from the case. The staff makes you feel welcome and more important than just another customer. Morton’s also carries some brands with similar reputations, like Caswell-Massey. Caswell-Massey’s shaving products include almond pre-shave oil, eucalyptus shave cream, sandalwood after shave balm and much more.

Patrick’s
106 N. Saint Asaph St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
(571) 970-6931
www.patricksdesigns.com

If you are not particular about what shaving products you use, you might stick to the stuff you find at CVS or Walgreens. But for products that are made to be the best, like Jack Black, you might have to find a store that knows what the best is. Patrick’s is a lifestyle store that carries what seems like everything under the sun, including shaving supplies. Along with Jack Black, it also carries Edwin Jagger and Tadé brand shaving supplies. Do your face a favor and try out some shaving supplies from Patrick’s.

Sorry, not familiar. I’d probably skip Morton’s, as Caswell-Massey shaving products have a pretty dismal reputation. The Grooming Department looks like it has some good stuff. Never been there, though.

Top Bottom