What's new

Shaving my legs soon.

I've never shaved my legs before. Any tips for me?

And which razor is good for this job? I've got a qshave adjustable now and a 37c coming soon.

Qshave looks suitable for this task, the way I see it. It's long and heavy.

Those times I have helped my wife, I have had best success with R41. If you need a longer handle, any third party handle will fit R41.
R41 got wider range of working angles and it is thus easier to pick up even the difficult hairs. Also it is is fairly clog-proof. One pass with R41 already gives a close shave. With other razors you might want to add pass(es).

Those times I have helped my wife, I have had best success with R41. If you need a longer handle, any third party handle will fit R41.
R41 got wider range of working angles and it is thus easier to pick up even the difficult hairs. Also it is is fairly clog-proof. One pass with R41 already gives a close shave. With other razors you might want to add pass(es).
Isn't this the most aggressive razor out there? Not sure if it's a good idea...

Wife claimed my long handled Merkur 23c, she prefers it over the vintage Lady Gillette. Blade choice is very subjective, everyone has a different option, but she goes with the sharper ones, Kai, Feather.

M

member 119848

The R41 does the job done, but still gets some clogging. My warning: be careful especially when shaving your knees, this area can get bloody quite easily.
I should also mention that it´s time-consuming. You will need patience as much as your razor.
A shavette however (mine is a Feather SS), makes the experience much more enjoyable! (smoother, more efficient, less time-consuming, no clugging, generally a much cleaner shave).

I find that being shaved during the summer-time, is quite refreshing.

Wish I could help, but I have NO personal experience (and LOTH here prefers carts :a13:)!

Please keep us posted on your progress.

The long handled Gillette Super Adjustable aka the black beauty should be perfect. The long handle and the ability to adjust the aggressiveness make it ideal. They also are easy to find and are relatively inexpensive.

Isn't this the most aggressive razor out there? Not sure if it's a good idea...
The 2011 version was that. The 2013 forward version is pretty tame. It is not as aggressive as many wants to make it sound. If you search this forum you will find plenty of posts of fellow shavers having their first trial with R41 noticing it was not at all as aggressive as many made it sound.

ɪ ᴘʀᴇғᴇʀ ᴜsɪɴɢ sɪɴɢʟssʙʟᴀᴅᴇ ᴅɪsᴘᴏsᴀʙʟᴇs ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ ʟᴇɢs, ᴡɪғᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛᴏᴏ sʜᴇ sᴀʏs sʜᴇ's ᴛɪᴄᴋʟᴇ

I think I'll do it midweek. It sure looks like I'll need a ton of cream. I've got hairy legs.

And yeah, I've got a parker shavette too. But I have no idea how to use it. Only used to scrape my right side face once and threw it back in the box.

My wife uses carts with canned foam. When she runs out of foam she tends to use up all of my TOBS cream. :) I think she uses an against the grain pass and primarily shaves while taking a shower.

Gillettte Guard, at least these are my SO favorites. I think keeping the angle on a safety razor would be exhausting when shaving legs or anything downtown.

Top Bottom