What's new

Shaving Brushes for Women's Uses

Shalom!

Other than a thread in this forum back in October 2006, which discussed the atrocious smell of a boar-bristle brush (Proraso, IIRC) bought at Tar'zheh for someone's wife, there's nothing I could find on B&B about badger-hair brushes which are known-and-recommended for use by women to lather their "parts", prior to shaving them.

I've purchased three Lady Eversharp Beauty Razors (pink, turquoise, and white handles -- with embedded glitter) for my two 20-something daughters and their 60-something mother (I love her being 6-1/2 years older than me), and I'd like to end-up supplying each of them with:
  1. razor (described, above; and shown, below)
  2. shaving brush
  3. combination brush/razor stand
  4. shaving soap
proxy.php

So, I invite all women members/lurkers/readers, as well as their consorts, to share their Experience, Strength, and Hope with me (and anyone else who's interested in this).

Let the Games begin!

Contact Saint Sue at SaintCharlesShave about her 'shave sticks for chicks'. She can help you out.

-- John Gehman

If the Lady Eversharps are the HydraMagic ones, be aware they are much more agressive :eek: than normal Shick Injectors. I have one and it took a couple of times using it to figure out what was happening.

If the Lady Eversharps are the HydraMagic ones, be aware they are much more aggressive :eek: than normal Schick Injectors. I have one and it took a couple of times using it to figure out what was happening.

Shalom, Norm!

Yeah, they're the ones with the HydraMagic lever. Curious... the Lady Eversharp was made, obviously, for women; so I wouldn't have thought it to be aggressive -- certainly nowhere near that of the models made for men.

I have several classic Schick injectors -- a model E3, a G4 "66", and a G6 -- they're all aggressive, but not overly so, and certainly nowhere near that of a Gillette Red-Tip Tech or my early-1930's "New Gillette".

Who used it, Norm -- you, or the missus? It's OK... I also like the glitter :smile:

My wife likes:

Gillette Ladies DE
Feather & Isreali blades, hates Swedish Gillettes
eShave Pure for the handle, but happens to use all my brushes
SCS Shave Stick for Chicks, QED Rose Geranium & Wild Rose shave stick, and just about most things I use

I usually use a Schick J1 one the weekends and Merkur HD during the week. I got the Lady Eversharp K2 for a backup. It's gaudy, with sparkles on a pink handle. I used it for 3 or 4 days to make sure it would work out. Took 2 days to figure out what was going on with cuts and razor burn, then got a couple of good shaves once I figured the angle and paid close attention. I put it away and probably won't use it again unless something happens to my J1.

The J1 is very mild. I can get BBS shaves about 3 out of 4 times and almost never get cuts or nicks. My J1 seems like the best of both worlds; I get the closeness of a DE and the mildness of a cartridge razor.

Peace be with you.
While I've not yet convinced my bride of 36 years to use a brush, I would think that the CE brush would be a good choice. Seems to be a top choice for new wet shavers. Not expensive and, from what I read, good. How great a brush does one really need for legs anyway? (Oh, did I stick my foot in my mouth with that comment).
For legs and underarms, my wife and daughter really like the St. Charles shave stick for chicks. No brush necessary as I understand it (although I've not read the instructions myself).
Now if I can just get them off those darn plastic disposables!

I have no idea about the quality, but based on looks alone I would say an êShave brush is your answer.

http://www.eshave.com

They also make some fancy-looking stands.

eShave is quite the place. They had three shaving brushes which matched my needs, and the prices were right. Personally, I don't like the eShave brush/razor stands, but I can find stands in lots of places... in any case, I won't buy a stand until I receive the razors and can measure the height from handle-bottom to head, so I'll know how high the stand should be.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom