What's new

Shave Trek

Slow to impulse power! Engage all stabilizers.

Remember to use a very, very light touch. If you are getting nicks and razor burn it can only be because you are using too much pressure with the razor and not stretching the skin/keeping it flat in front of the razor.

Although a much lesser factor. Revisit your lather. Are you using enough product in the mix? Adding enough water? Remember more product and water often makes for better lather. That's overly simplified, but try it.

Patience! The journey may be long but in the end you will be where you haven't gone before! Uncharted territory! Engage.

Captain’s log, shavedate 20141027.
I had a busy night yesterday so did not have the time a write my entry about my last shave.
I am quite desperate bout the chin area, I don’t understand what I should do to shave it properly [emoji24] [emoji36] [emoji20]

Captain’s log, shavedate 20141027.
I had a busy night yesterday so did not have the time a write my entry about my last shave.
I am quite desperate bout the chin area, I don’t understand what I should do to shave it properly [emoji24] [emoji36] [emoji20]

In the chin area, it is all about the angle you use. Also a light touch. This will come with practice. Try XTG strokes in different directions to get an area done.

Unfortunately I have not shaved since my last attempt. I made a mistake and had the razor blade bumped into an object. I got it re-honed, in the meanwhile I grew a bear and trimmed it. This Saturday I am getting a new haircut at one of the very last traditional barbers of Paris, and I will take the opportunity to be shaved as well (with a straight razor, not a shavette). After that, I will get back to my shave trek again :w00t:

Hi I have just shaved the area around my stoma I used a toilet roll tube to cover the stoma then I used a straight Gillette g2 razor after that I used a stoma lotion to sooth the skin thanks to the advice about tube from my stoma nurse

Top Bottom