What's new

Shave soap with CBD oil

Are there any shave soaps with CBD hemp oil? If so, are they any good, as far as the benefits and shaving experience are concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any shave soaps with CBD hemp oil? If so, are they any good, as far as the benefits and shaving experience are concerned?

Why would you put CBD oil in soap? The only medical use for CBD I am aware of is for epilepsy (I am epileptic and my wife is a pharmacist). Also I don't think CBD administered topically would have any effect. But I am equally sure you could sell a shave soap with CBD to the right audience willing to overpay for a marijuana-derived product :)

Why would you put CBD oil in soap? The only medical use for CBD I am aware of is for epilepsy (I am epileptic and my wife is a pharmacist). Also I don't think CBD administered topically would have any effect. But I am equally sure you could sell a shave soap with CBD to the right audience willing to overpay for a marijuana-derived product :)

I hear the oil has healing properties in it for skin. Was curious to find if there was any truth to that and anyone’s experience.

I hear the oil has healing properties in it for skin. Was curious to find if there was any truth to that and anyone’s experience.

As far as I know the medical uses for CBD are all related to neurological issues. I don't see how it would be particularly helpful to your skin. Probably better off with other oils/butters/fats thatdare traditionally used for moisturizing skin.

Is there a difference between cbd oil and hemp oil or are they one and the same?

Is there a difference between cbd oil and hemp oil or are they one and the same?

Hemp oil is different. Hemp oil is pressed from the seeds. Hemp oil is commonly used in soaps and shampoos, and also in wood finishing.

Hemp oil is different. Hemp oil is pressed from the seeds. Hemp oil is commonly used in soaps and shampoos, and also in wood finishing.

Not exactly. CBD oil is derived from two sources. One version is derived from cannibus, the other from hemp. Two sources, but they are often lumped together when referenced and you could find both at a CBD oil store depending on whether it’s legal in your state. 35 or so states now I believe.

I know little about this stuff but the OP brings up an interesting question. Lots of people are perceiving benefits from this oil these days. Many of the oils are rubbed on the skin. Whether it’s snake oil is up for debate but I don’t personally have an opinion on that.

I have to think the benefits of CBD on the skin would be a great addition for a shave soap. It will be interesting to try this. Luckily, I didn't make my last purchase for the next couple months.

I know of one well known artisan that’s coming out with one soap in a month or so. CBD isolate combined with Hemp oil does have benefits to the skin which does include helping with irritation as well as other benefits. .35 is legal in all 50 states right now. I’ve been a tester for the soap and I can say the combo of the CBD and all the other great ingredients makes for one of the bery best soaps I’ve ever shaved with and I’ve shaved with well over a 100 which includes all the recognized top artisans. I asked permission of the Artisan if I could post up just this info until it’s release. That was confirmed and I also know price will not be any higher than many of the well known top tier soaps.

That’s all I can say about it right now. I’ll also say I was a doubter and very skeptical about CBD in general but having used it externally and internally I’m now a firm believer in its benefits.

Fair enough. As I said, I speak from a position of knowing CBD for its use in the treatment of my condition. I could see how it would reduce irritation since one of the uses being researched is for neuropathy. Not an expert in the field. I was under the impression that CBD oil usually came from cannabis strains that are selected for CBD production as their primary phytocannabinoid. There is bound to be CBD and even THC even in hemp plants, I don't think you can fully suppress the production of a phytocannabinoid in the plant, just select for production of more or less of it. But that deviates from the conversation. I was just stating that to the best of my knowledge there was no literature backing CBD for reducing irritation or other skin-related benefits.

I have to think the benefits of CBD on the skin would be a great addition for a shave soap. It will be interesting to try this. Luckily, I didn't make my last purchase for the next couple months.
I'd like to add that this is a really interesting discussion so far.

I know of one well known artisan that’s coming out with one soap in a month or so. CBD isolate combined with Hemp oil does have benefits to the skin which does include helping with irritation as well as other benefits. .35 is legal in all 50 states right now. I’ve been a tester for the soap and I can say the combo of the CBD and all the other great ingredients makes for one of the bery best soaps I’ve ever shaved with and I’ve shaved with well over a 100 which includes all the recognized top artisans. I asked permission of the Artisan if I could post up just this info until it’s release. That was confirmed and I also know price will not be any higher than many of the well known top tier soaps.

That’s all I can say about it right now. I’ll also say I was a doubter and very skeptical about CBD in general but having used it externally and internally I’m now a firm believer in its benefits.

Thank you Dragonsbeard! This is exactly what I was looking for! Also a bonus that the price will not be any higher than what we’re used to seeing.

Looking forward to trying it out once it hits the market. Would you mind doing us a favor when it does Dragonsbeard? Would you mind posting the link here in this thread?

I know it’s a stretch, but could this ingredient trigger a false positive on a drug test?

As I understand it, CBD oil does not contain THC, which is the part that is responsible for the “high” effect.

Thats a question I asked and according to the info I got from the artisam and the experts he’s working with the answer is no to that being an issue but I still would like to explore that further. Especially for someone in the medical field as they do routine checks.

I mean if we dont ingest it, it shouldnt be an issue to begin with. I’m also in a field where lab draws are routinely done.

You are correct and the first question I asked when I first used it. Will I get high? They all started laughing at me! No of course not! There’s no THC in there. Hey I didn’t know the first time I was exposed to this whole CBD thing. That was 7 months ago.

Ha! Now if this same artisan is planning to sell brownies and other edibles......
That may be a different story.

LMAO!!

The warehouse next to me has a vaping business and they are entering the CBD market and they just built a million dollar cooking area as they are adding CBD eatables to their distributors. I ate a chocolate chip cookie with CBD and it definitely gave me a relaxing feeling but with energy. No high feeling whatsoever and again I was sceptical and again they laughed and said just eat it! I was glad I did as I got a lot of work done that day! lol

Thats funny! I’m seeing a trend where you express your skepticism and the distributors just supply you with the good stuff. You must teach me this technique Dragonsbeard! lol [emoji23]

Not sure about CBD oil but there are several products with hemp oil: Siliski A/S, Taconic Soaps, etc.

You may be able to buy some CBD oil and add it to your bowl or brush, perhaps you could be a pioneer and start a trend of "medicated" shave soap. Not trying to sound sarcastic, on the contrary this could be a great idea as long as it doesnt make lather unstable. Since CBD can be absorbed thru the skin it is entirely possible.

Top Bottom