What's new

Shave soap with CBD oil

CBL Soap makes one of his soaps with hemp oil. The Dragon’s Blood scent uses that soap base. It is amazing. Honestly, the best soap I have ever used. The hemp oil really does make a difference.

I do love the Dragon’s Blood Scent, but I really hope he expands that soap base to other scents.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
LMAO!!

The warehouse next to me has a vaping business and they are entering the CBD market and they just built a million dollar cooking area as they are adding CBD eatables to their distributors. I ate a chocolate chip cookie with CBD and it definitely gave me a relaxing feeling but with energy. No high feeling whatsoever and again I was sceptical and again they laughed and said just eat it! I was glad I did as I got a lot of work done that day! lol
upload_2019-3-2_7-20-10.gif

We are a little off track here. Pharmacologically speaking, CBD works medicinally in the brain in a way similar to acetaminophen (tylenol). It is a complicated concept, but both acetaminophen and CBD appear to work, at least in part, by reducing the emotional response to pain unlike, say, ibuprofen that works by reducing the inflammatory response at the source of the pain. How we respond emotionally to pain is a critical part of the pain pathway which is why anxiety and depression are so closely tied to pain. So, while CBD oil in soap, like any other oil, may have positive effects on the skin, I doubt if enough would get absorbed to have an effect on the brain. I would add that if CBD oil were used as a primary ingredient in soap, it would be consumed during saponification like any other fat.

We are a little off track here. Pharmacologically speaking, CBD works medicinally in the brain in a way similar to acetaminophen (tylenol). It is a complicated concept, but both acetaminophen and CBD appear to work, at least in part, by reducing the emotional response to pain unlike, say, ibuprofen that works by reducing the inflammatory response at the source of the pain. How we respond emotionally to pain is a critical part of the pain pathway which is why anxiety and depression are so closely tied to pain. So, while CBD oil in soap, like any other oil, may have positive effects on the skin, I doubt if enough would get absorbed to have an effect on the brain. I would add that if CBD oil were used as a primary ingredient in soap, it would be consumed during saponification like any other fat.
Very interesting, informative post. Thank you!

Just to be clear, there is the Hemp plant and the Marijuana plant. For the purpose of medical benefits, CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant which has little to no THC (the psychoactive component) found more abundantly in the Marijuana plant. What seems to have everyone worried is a mere 0.3% or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBD is no good for the skin for that you need THC. and you have to mix it with alcohol. some older guys i know from the old country did this and rubbed it on their joints for pain relief. i doubt its gonna help for shaving any better then whats in the soaps now.

It's possible to have hemp oil with no CBD. Pressing the seeds gives up hemp oil like pressing grape seeds gives up grape (seed) oil.

CBD is derived from the flowers of the plant be it hemp or cannabis selected to yield high CBD. These can be made into an oil depending on the process to extract the CBD or how the CBD extract is subsequent used. So it's confusing. CBD Oil should have some CBD in it. Hemp or Cannabis Oil could be pressings with no CBD in it.

The CBD quantities I've read on the labels for commercial products is, I think mostly symbolic. For instance I have a topical in front of me that has 100mg of CBD in 23mL of solution or 0.4% CBD. While expensive is doesn't do anything unique for the various things we use topicals for.

The topicals (personal use only) I make have a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. The maximum allowable THC for commercial products s 6% so the CBD content is likewise 6%. Therefore the active ingredient(s) are 12% by weight or 30 times the commercial stuff on hand. The homemade goods are shockingly effective for relieving certain kinds of pain with no buzz at all. The commercial stuff is basically lotion.

So would CBD be useful in a shave soap. I don't think so. At 0.4% it might be useful if you left it on your skin in a balm or lotion to absorb. At that concentration in a soap shaved off in a couple of minutes I think the utility is marginal.

As always folks YMMV. Plus I'm not a chemist, a pharmacist or an expert weed dude just an old fart making stuff to ease the aches and pains of wearing out!

Last edited:
I've never noticed CBD having an effect on my mood or appetite. It's roommate, on the other hand...
Anyways, CBD has shown itself in my varying milage to be wonderful at short term pain mitigation. After those days when I feel too young at work, CBD allows me to leave the couch and be Daddy and Husband as long as I need to. My back still hurts, but it dulls the pain enough to continue on with life.

Not exactly. CBD oil is derived from two sources. One version is derived from cannibus, the other from hemp. Two sources, but they are often lumped together when referenced and you could find both at a CBD oil store depending on whether it’s legal in your state. 35 or so states now I believe.

I know little about this stuff but the OP brings up an interesting question. Lots of people are perceiving benefits from this oil these days. Many of the oils are rubbed on the skin. Whether it’s snake oil is up for debate but I don’t personally have an opinion on that.
Most plant oils are good for the skin. People have been using olive oil on their skin for, welll, practically forever. Palm oil, sunflower oil, all of them are used as skin conditioners. And many more.
No reason to think that oils derived from cannabis or the seeds wouldn't also be good for skin. Probably set you back 100 times what the equivalent amount of olive oil would, though.

I see no real sense in this. There are plenty of soaps made predominately of skin friendly ingredients that surpass hemp oil or cbd. It's not a miracle skin ingredient. In fact there is no such thing as a miracle skin ingredient from software that we use regularly. No ingredient in a soap will help turn things around or have any real change, so whether a product has cbd or not, makes no difference. Furthermore, soap has a high PH value, therefore, most of the skin friendly ingredients we buy really don't have much effect at all. Soap is soap, and in all honesty, there is no soap that is good for your skin because of the high PH. Lastly, Most ingredients that you use on a regular basis cannot penetrate the dermal layer of your skin anyways, which is where the magic starts to happen. I generally try to use products with good ingredients, not because I think they are going to have some magical power of giving me great skin, but because my skin generally does feel slightly better as a result of all the oils and butters added. If anything, the person who comes out with a shaving product that has cbd, should make it a PH balanced shaving cream, if that's even possible. I'm not into making soaps, nor claim to know much about soap making, but I do know for a fact, soaps have a high PH which is very drying to human skin and basically renders most other ingredients useless.

Top Bottom