Shave Roulette

Spin!

1606956582823.png

Your number is => 4083
croup-2.jpeg

Last edited:

Eben Stone

Staff member
4083 => GFT sandalwood, Mühle Vivo black fiber v2, Mühle R41, Polsilver Super Iridium

^^ doesn't get much better than that

Finally, another shave with the go-FOCS. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to a great shave on Thursday... great spin @Atlantic59

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Haverford
Razor: golden FATIP Open Comb Slant (aka the go-FOCS)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
20201202_194038-01.jpeg

As expected the go-FOCS did a fabolous job today. It's a highly efficient razor but shaves smooth as a kitten. 3 passes and I was ready for the day (bbs). I might skip tomorrow's shave...

Last edited:
Gillette Tech pre-war + Super Knurl handle
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Omega 49 pro boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Osma Tradition soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Speick splash

Clean, close shave; BBS

Outstanding shave today with the Osma Tradition soap, courtesy of the roulette wheel. Osma Tradition is a nearly perfect hard shaving soap IMHO, yet you seldom hear anything about it. I did not need any post-shave treatment after using this soap, except for a bit of witch hazel. If you use this soap, I recommend adding a layer of warm water a few minutes before you start shaving, and loading for at least 20-30 seconds. The lather will be rich and abundant.

The pre-war model Tech with the Super Knurl handle is very reminiscent of the Feather AS-D2, only it costs $16 instead of $160!

tech-shave-6.png

Gillette Tech pre-war + Super Knurl handle
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Omega 49 pro boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Osma Tradition soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Speick splash

Clean, close shave; BBS

Outstanding shave today with the Osma Tradition soap, courtesy of the roulette wheel. Osma Tradition is a nearly perfect hard shaving soap IMHO, yet you seldom hear anything about it. I did not need any post-shave treatment after using this soap, except for a bit of witch hazel. If you use this soap, I recommend adding a layer of warm water a few minutes before you start shaving, and loading for at least 20-30 seconds. The lather will be rich and abundant.

The pre-war model Tech with the Super Knurl handle is very reminiscent of the Feather AS-D2, only it costs $16 instead of $160!

View attachment 1190060
If you want to approximate the AS-D2 even more closely, try a post-war Tech on the same handle. To me, the post-war Tech head and the AS-D2 head are essentially identical; the shave they give is identical.

6A8A4562-1B9E-474E-B3B7-A97DE62775D4.jpeg

0924. A particularly excellent choice. Wife just finished cutting my hair, and after a hot shower and a dusting of Clubman powder on the back of my neck I get to finish the whole barbershop experience.

0- Williams Mug soap
9- Fuller 153 mixed-hair reknot brush
2- Solingen straight razor. It’s the Monday out of a broken-up souvenir 7-day set; I don’t know who made it but it’s pretty.
4- Clubman. The one and only.

A very good lather, a decent DFS with no cuts, and very mild sting from the Clubman. I’ll take it.

Another nice spin for my upcoming shave on Saturday, it will bring one of my favourite blades into play. The german Wilkies work pretty well on my face. Sharp, smooth and with exellent longevity (10-12 shaves/blade is not an issue at all, YMMV).

0924 =
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Razorock ~ The Dead Sea
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (6)

I did the 4083 shave this morning. Graydog brush, my tweaked vintage Williams, the Mythus shavette, and clean-up with my beloved S3S. Two passes to DFS. The orange cheap Chinese Kai clone actually shaves very well.

I had queued up the 0924 shave, so got that one in this morning. It was a very nice shave with a combo I have not tried before. That's one of the good things about shave roulette.

I'm also coming up on the last few weeks of the 2020 sabbatical year. It looks like hardly a dent has been made in the inventory of soaps and blades on-hand. Thinking about doing a second sabbatical year in a row.

RR German 37 + Super Knurl handle
KAI (5)
Omega 10065 boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Speick splash

g37-shave-3.png

Another nice spin for my upcoming shave on Saturday, it will bring one of my favourite blades into play. The german Wilkies work pretty well on my face. Sharp, smooth and with exellent longevity (10-12 shaves/blade is not an issue at all, YMMV).

0924 =
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Razorock ~ The Dead Sea
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (6)

20201205_192521-01.jpeg

The recent shave with my go-FOCS and Gillette Platinum has been a very good one. But today's shave turned out to be even better. Again, there is one drawback. No shave on Sunday needed... I will join in on Monday again.

The new spin gives me Mystic Water Rosalimone again, the Feather SS, and clean-up with my British flat-bottom New. Should be a great shave. Will do it tonight because I am going to be playing themorgan at our church services tomorrow, and I have to be there playing prelude at 8:15. I know that isn't early for many of you, but it is for me. Not much if a morning person.
So I will get cleaned up tonight right before bed and enjoy an extra 20 minutes of sleep tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom