What's new

Shave Report: Muhle Rocca

This is a stainless steel razor with matte finish. The handle is coated with some kind of plastic and have a good grip. The finish on the razor is exellent.
Now the shaving. I used it three times in the row with Personna Blue. The angle is easy to find, put it on your face and go. Aggressiveness wise it right between R89 and R41. Very smooth shaver. Now I have to try it with another blades.
Very happy with this purchase. It cost me 75 euros on my last trip to Milan and I was surprised to find it in the store because member on European forums complains that it is out of stock all the time.
rocca1.jpg
rocca2.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Excellent! Sounds like you got lucky to get one. Enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi Felix,

nice short review, thanks. Info: The handle is made out of brass, chromed with black finish. No plastic.

I am also interested in a Mühle Rocca razor but, you are right, out of stock with most vendors here in Germany, also on the official Mühle website. The one that I am interested in is the Mühle Rocca Jet, all-black. Maybe this months a new batch will show up. I registered to get informed automatically on the Mühle website.

Bye
Christian

Try where I found it
preattoni.it
I bought it in the store in Milan, but he also have a web site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Felix,

thanks for the info. Just looked it up, your Rocca version and the one with the wooden handle available.

Do you also have the standard Mühle R89 razor to compare it with the Rocca one? Some people doubt they have changed the head geometry but only the materials.

Cheers
Christian

This is the one I am waiting to be on the market soon...

rocca.jpg

Head and end-cap made of stainless steel, handle made of brass with chrome plating. All DLC-coated.

Last edited:
I heard that the first batch have coating problems
Good luck for you

Yes, this is what I read as well on a German wet-shaving forum. One vendor, who is also running the forum, was in contact with Mühle and they told him about production / quality issues and as Mühle is a very sensitive and customer friendly family-run company, they did not want to show up razors with flaws on the market that is why they changed something in production (of course these stainless-steel, brass razors are not manufactured in-house as only few companies are able to deliver the machines, tools, technicians, but, these are definitely made in Germany, the other, non-stainless steel razors made out of zinc-alloy are produced by Edwin Jagger, Sheffield) and I guess stopped selling some of the items with objective flaws. This month should be the month where new batches are sold, hopefully.

I mean I hope they solve the problems and get it for sale if I remember Ikon also have problems with DLC coating

Does anyone know are the razors made anymore?? I mean I don't find then in European netshops??
I bought mine at preattoni.it They have both versions. I know that many European vendors also stock them. Also try at scheersalon.nl

Nice revew and nice razor. For comparison purposes, what other DEs are your favorites please? Thanks

Blackbird and Wardonia but I have about 20 of them both vintage and modern

Top Bottom