What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

I'm late to the party this week.
A13.jpg

Well the Zorrik Super Platinum washed out last week.

Here’s the lineup for this week.

proxy.php

Sterling Coniferous oil
Tallow + Steel Boreal soap
MRed synth brush
ATT Atlas S2 razor
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium blade
T+S Boreal splash
Sterling Coniferous balm

Have a good week everyone!

For the coming week starting tomorrow...
Feb 8 SWS.jpg

I am looking forward to this week. Haven't used a Schick in a while. Hope y'all have a great week of shaves.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Trying to dial in a new razor next week -- YINTAL Bright Silver DE -- which I find to be very aggressive. Need to find the safest angle.

DSCF0012 - Edited.jpg

r

New week. SuperMax Blue Diamond blade failed out in the ATT S2 last week. Way too harsh ..... had to go back to GSB. Still gonna try to make it work, though, this time with my Fatboy. Maybe there’s a setting that will make this blade work. I’m staying with it because someone PIFed me 100 of them ......

proxy.php

Sterling Coniferous oil
Midnight & Two The Study soap
Vintage turnback style travel razor (trying it for the first time)
Gillette E2 Fatboy
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium blade
Sterling Bergamot Lavender splash
Sterling Bergamot Lavender balm

Hello again all,
Back on the 2nd Feb I started using a Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack (India) in my Fatip Piccolo normally shaving every other day (two pass shaves). Today was the tenth shave on this blade and I'm sure there are more to come. I'm using Arko and Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm as usual.
I'm a huge fan of this blade and the "every other day" shaving pattern works a treat. Oddly it seems to make the blades last longer.
Enjoy your shaves!

Hello again all,
Back on the 2nd Feb I started using a Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack (India) in my Fatip Piccolo normally shaving every other day (two pass shaves). Today was the tenth shave on this blade and I'm sure there are more to come. I'm using Arko and Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm as usual.
I'm a huge fan of this blade and the "every other day" shaving pattern works a treat. Oddly it seems to make the blades last longer.
Enjoy your shaves!
Last longer isn't surprising. For more shaves and passes?

Last longer isn't surprising. For more shaves and passes?
I'm using two passes every other day, and at present have 10 shaves on the blade (it is still going strong). That is significantly more shaves than I would get if using the blade for daily shaving - and that's what puzzles me a little (it's also pleasing, of course).

I'm using two passes every other day, and at present have 10 shaves on the blade (it is still going strong). That is significantly more shaves than I would get if using the blade for daily shaving - and that's what puzzles me a little (it's also pleasing, of course).
How many passes do you normally do when shaving daily?

How many passes do you normally do when shaving daily?
Normally two. More than that causes irritation for me when shaving daily, and a third pass often brings weepers so I avoid it these days. I do touch-ups if needed after the two passes.

Normally two. More than that causes irritation for me when shaving daily, and a third pass often brings weepers so I avoid it these days. I do touch-ups if needed after the two passes.
Just checking if it were apples to apples :)

Could be your skin is recovering more, so shave is more comfortable. Or perhaps your taking more care in shaving.

It was once thought in SR shaving, that the edge needed a day rest to return to shape properly. Pretty much discounted nowadays though.

Just checking if it were apples to apples :)

Could be your skin is recovering more, so shave is more comfortable. Or perhaps your taking more care in shaving.

It was once thought in SR shaving, that the edge needed a day rest to return to shape properly. Pretty much discounted nowadays though.

I think it could be that because there is more whisker growth for the blade to cut it therefore does a great job with less irritation. It's still a mystery to me, though.

Forgot to post .....

upload_2019-2-23_16-18-28.jpeg

Stirling Coniferous oil
Stirling Coniferous soap
Lovgren&Daughter lilac silvertip brush
Gilette E2Fatbou razor
Gillette Nacet Stainless blade
Dominica Bay Rum splash
Stirling Coniferous balm

Great stuff for some great shaves

So the PIF: Take a Razor, Add a Razor box just came to my house (woohoo!). So for the next several weeks, I’ll be trying them out with:
Sterling Coniferous oil
Sterling Coniferous soap
Wild West Shave Brush BOSS synth
GSB
Grand Bay Bay Rum splash
Stirling Coniferous balm

Here’s the box contents ...... I’m focusing on the razors in the left of the picture. I either already own or am not interested in the ones on the right. The one in the box is an Autostrop ..... which will be up first.

upload_2019-2-27_17-20-25.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTW starting 3-4-19
Pre: Pears soap
Soap: Williams Shaving Soap in vintage mug
Razor / Blade: Maggard V3a head / M14 handle / Shark SS (1)
Razor / Blade: Maggard slant bar head with WCS 110s handle / Shark SS (1)
Brush: Depends on day
Post: Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0022 - Edited.jpg

SOTW starting 3/4/19
Jury is still out on the scent for me, but HOLY COW I WISH I TRIED CB SOONER!!! Story of my life...
SuperPhoto_190304193324.jpg

Top Bottom