What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Next week's plan:
IMG_20230521_144113.jpg

It's Simpsons best week so I'll be using my Classic 2, Duke 3 and 58!

I wiil go with partial setups for next week.

For headshaves:

Eversharp Hydro-magic ’500’, Schick Injector, Karo Classic.

DSC_5279 (2).JPG

And face:

Godrej Shaving Round, Schick Platinium (Holland).

DSC_5278 (2).JPG

Razors , brushes and aftershaves will be rotated during the week.
Starting tomorrow.

I have not been keeping up this month, sort of by design. I decided a few days ago to "freewheel" June. What that means for this longtime SWS member is that some things will be held constant while others change, but with no plans as to when something will change. I know, that's pretty crazy.
thats-insane.jpg

I plan to get back to the old ways soon, but to be safe, I thought I'd better be level with you all!

For the last 4 days I have been enjoying the GEM Damaskeene.
IMG_0120.jpeg

I've been away for a bit. Missed you guys. Here is my kit for the coming week. Palmolive is a true gem of a cream. Cheap as dirt and such a fine lather.
Razor: King C Gillette DE
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: EJ Synth
Cream: Palmolive
AS: Lucky Tiger.
Hope everyone is well and safe. As the world gets crazier every day, don't lose hope, tomorrow is a new day.
20230610_100958_resized.jpg

I have not been keeping up this month, sort of by design. I decided a few days ago to "freewheel" June. What that means for this longtime SWS member is that some things will be held constant while others change, but with no plans as to when something will change. I know, that's pretty crazy.
View attachment 1667494

I plan to get back to the old ways soon, but to be safe, I thought I'd better be level with you all!

For the last 4 days I have been enjoying the GEM Damaskeene.
View attachment 1667496
I took some time off to go rogue as well. I view it as cleaning the palette after sampling fine wine, but I'm back and ready for business!

Shave of the Week Starting 6/12/2023

Parker 78r razor
Bic Astor blade
AP Shave Co brush
LEA Menthol SC
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Various A/S

Right dandy way to start the shaving week. This combo is, for me, smooth/comfortable/effective and I love Lea Menthol. It just works for me, it's great! So my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

m3l72mn9.png

Good morning gents. Here is my kit for the coming week starting tomorrow, Sunday. I am going a bit old school today and will be using a vintage shaving scuttle to warm my boar brush.
Razor: Schick Type G
Brush: Omega Boar...a particular favourite of mine
Soap: NIL (Bartigan and Stark)
AS: Lucky Tiger AS splash
Wax: Seppo's
I hope you all have a great week of shaves! :pipe:
SWS June 17.jpg

Top Bottom