What's new

Shave every day?

I shave 6/7 days. Shave at night Monday through Thursday. Saturday and Sunday usually morning shaves. Too many great products and razors not to use them often.

Hi,

What have you used previously for shaving?

In wet shaving you can go against the grain if your face will allow you to. I go against the grain in certain places on my face and across the grain on others. I make these motions only as a second pass after I go with the grain on the first pass. My suggestion is to start out going with the grain only and gauge your skin's reaction. See if irritation ensues. If not then you can try going across the grain on some spots and from there experiment with more spots until eventually you'll find out if you can go against the grain. What ever you use to wet shave (straight or DE) use a light touch. DO NOT bear down on the blade. Hope that helps.

Chris

Very well said. This is precisely the advice I would give also.

i like to shave every morning. I am comfortable with a set ritual on a daily basis. Been DE shaving since Feb 2014, too!

I used to shower and shave every weekday plus maybe once on the weekends, but after the stroke I went to showering every other day, since it's a pain in the *** otherwise. This morning, though, I decided to try leaving my face wet after washing it and seeing if letting it soak during the hair/teeth/deodorant ritual would be enough beard prep. It was, and I had a nice DFS shave this morning - the first time in a very long time that I've shaved without showering beforehand (not counting electrics).

So yeah, it'll probably be every day from now on.

I use to shave once or twice a week when using cartridges. After making the switch, I HAVE to shave everyday. I got addicted to the smoothness

I shave 6/7 days. Shave at night Monday through Thursday. Saturday and Sunday usually morning shaves. Too many great products and razors not to use them often.
I do the exact same thing. I can't feel right to have a more than one day stubble and I love to rotate my products, scents and feel

I do the exact same thing. I can't feel right to have a more than one day stubble and I love to rotate my products, scents and feel

I used to shave three or four times a week...and I thought I was lucky I didn't have to shave every day with a Mach 3.

Now that I joined this site I still shave three or four times a week (my face cannot handle more than that, at least not yet)...but now I don't feel so lucky since I am not able to use my DE razor (and soaps and aftershaves) more often.

I have been doing every other day, but I am thinking I may need to move to every day, now that I have gotten my technique a bit better. Oh Darn. :001_rolle

Top Bottom