What's new

shave bowls

My bowls. A few different sizes to compliment different shaving bushes.

View attachment 1429454
Glazed Ceramic

View attachment 1429455
Sterling Silver

View attachment 1429453
Porcelain Enamel

View attachment 1429452
Sandblasted Titanium (traveler)
Here’s a new one for the list. A slightly smaller and more versatile size than the previous ceramic.

7452DD44-900F-4E79-98BE-FFA5B95F3F48.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I don't know if its already been mentioned in here, but what about Captains Choice bowls? They have lather bowls and scuttles, they have them in copper and ceramic. I am a lover of ceramics personally.

This is my Captains Choice older style Cobalt lather bowl...
proxy.php

They make fancier style bowls then this now, just check their site to see them.

And this is my Captains Choice Starry Night scuttle I just got in several days ago...
proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Here’s a new one for the list. A slightly smaller and more versatile size than the previous ceramic.

View attachment 1445128
I already gave you a thumbs up on another post, but that is a nice bowl. I looked on Amazon.... maybe 5 pages worth... nothing that nice. As I said before... I'll take a look in our Asian market. They might just have one there. My bowl works perfectly for me but I wouldn't mind having another one.

I already gave you a thumbs up on another post, but that is a nice bowl. I looked on Amazon.... maybe 5 pages worth... nothing that nice. As I said before... I'll take a look in our Asian market. They might just have one there. My bowl works perfectly for me but I wouldn't mind having another one.
Driving by the forum, I noticed the thread on shave bowls. I don’t post much, or even lurk much, as I finally “figured it all out”, and rarely buy anything new, shave-wise. Love my Sledgehammer Slant, and this bowl I bought at an Asian store, maybe 6 years ago. I face lather, but always give the brush a few swirls in the bowl, to wake it up.

As you can see the bowl has lines, but I’m quite sure it wasn’t designed for shaving…

1650895044970.jpeg

I don't know if its already been mentioned in here, but what about Captains Choice bowls? They have lather bowls and scuttles, they have them in copper and ceramic. I am a lover of ceramics personally.

This is my Captains Choice older style Cobalt lather bowl...
proxy.php

They make fancier style bowls then this now, just check their site to see them.

And this is my Captains Choice Starry Night scuttle I just got in several days ago...
proxy.php
I use the Captain's copper bowl during the warmer months

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I use the Captain's copper bowl during the warmer months

Dude, their copper bowls are lovely! My favorite copper bowl that they make, is the leopard print looking one. I don't own any of them, but, if I were to buy a copper bowl, it would have to be that one. But I am super happy with my ceramic's. Your awesome for using CC bowls emwolf! :)

I was really intrigued by the Pereira after seeing a lot of praise for it, especially by Mantic59, but decided to start with a fake Pereira for only $9 off of AliExpress. It's a decent product, but the size and shape just don't resonate with me -- I like the Marvy and the Amazon dog bowls a lot better.

Glad I didn't spring for the Pereira.

I have a couple of those ones stored in my travel bag for when going away holidays or weekends👍
I have had several of them and some with handles for a few years now in my travel bag also and 1 or 2 for occasional home use and several other types of bowls too.. But I thought it Was still worth mentioning again since they are now available for 1.25 at dollar tree.

I was really intrigued by the Pereira after seeing a lot of praise for it, especially by Mantic59, but decided to start with a fake Pereira for only $9 off of AliExpress. It's a decent product, but the size and shape just don't resonate with me -- I like the Marvy and the Amazon dog bowls a lot better.

Glad I didn't spring for the Pereira.
That's what's nice about the Traditional wet Shaving. What doesn't work for one might work for the other.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Nice bowls everyone, I recently was eating at my folks house and they had these nice bowls with dots on the inside, looked almost like those sur...oh I forget the word, surimi? the Japanese grinding/grating bowls surabachi? I think that was close to the word, anyways, the inner dots were less aggressive, and they said they were from the local Omomo (a Japanese, dollarama-y type store) that were really nice, had a nice hold knob at the bottom and such. Next time I go to Omomo I will pick one up. The Pereira is wonderful, but this seems like it it'll fit the bill nicely, and a low cost to boot. I'll post it when I eventually get one.

Nice bowls everyone, I recently was eating at my folks house and they had these nice bowls with dots on the inside, looked almost like those sur...oh I forget the word, surimi? the Japanese grinding/grating bowls surabachi? I think that was close to the word, anyways, the inner dots were less aggressive, and they said they were from the local Omomo (a Japanese, dollarama-y type store) that were really nice, had a nice hold knob at the bottom and such. Next time I go to Omomo I will pick one up. The Pereira is wonderful, but this seems like it it'll fit the bill nicely, and a low cost to boot. I'll post it when I eventually get one.

Suribachi Mash​

I didn’t know what they were called either, had to look it up. At any rate, works great!

From the description:

This mortar is shaped with molder, and other processes such as making grinding and glazing are done by hands.
The shape of Suribachi is slightly different from all-handmade version, but the glaze and grinding performance are exactly the same.

Japanese mortar (suribachi, literally grinding bowl in English) has the lines unlike that of most of the other countries. They’re made for grinding foods finely with less power.

My mortar's grinding area look like swirling where other Japanese mortar has lines straight down. It prevents ingredients from moving upwards of a mortar, they keep staying in the swirl while grinding. It makes even grinding food much faster with lesser effort, comparing with normal mortar, and It also reduces frictional heat, which keeps scent of food.

Usually Japanese mortar is easy to use for right-handed people (the direction of the lines are made so), though my mortar can grind both clockwise and anti-clockwise. People who are left-handed can use comfortably too

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

Suribachi Mash​

I didn’t know what they were called either, had to look it up. At any rate, works great!

From the description:

This mortar is shaped with molder, and other processes such as making grinding and glazing are done by hands.
The shape of Suribachi is slightly different from all-handmade version, but the glaze and grinding performance are exactly the same.

Japanese mortar (suribachi, literally grinding bowl in English) has the lines unlike that of most of the other countries. They’re made for grinding foods finely with less power.

My mortar's grinding area look like swirling where other Japanese mortar has lines straight down. It prevents ingredients from moving upwards of a mortar, they keep staying in the swirl while grinding. It makes even grinding food much faster with lesser effort, comparing with normal mortar, and It also reduces frictional heat, which keeps scent of food.

Usually Japanese mortar is easy to use for right-handed people (the direction of the lines are made so), though my mortar can grind both clockwise and anti-clockwise. People who are left-handed can use comfortably too
I did find one of the bi-directional Suribachi-s on Amazon.... I grind spices quite a bit. Looks like an amazing product for that. I would think it might cause some wear on a shaving brush though... being unglazed pottery on the inside. Have you found that to be the case?

Top Bottom