What's new

Shannon's Soaps......way too underrated!!!

Thread bump!

Pic from @GlazedBoker:
162A8FC6-5C4A-4CA4-8521-BA2BFAB4F08D.jpeg

This stuff amazes me everytime I use it! It's a silky lather! Definitely needs more spotlight time here.

I had received a small sample of their Lady Luck scented shaving soap with a razor I bought. Amazing amber scent and lather. I bought a tub of it from Maggard’s.

Timely thread bump. I tried Shannon's for the first time today. 25th st. Lime.
I give it a 10/10 for lather, 10/10 for price, and 10/10 for not burning me. The scent is like a 7/10. Not offensive at all, but not exciting. I'm a big lime fan, and this is like a very mild key lime scent. That said, "exciting" scents can burn the heck out of my face, and they make an otherwise great soap a no-go. This is AWESOME.

Timely thread bump. I tried Shannon's for the first time today. 25th st. Lime.
I give it a 10/10 for lather, 10/10 for price, and 10/10 for not burning me. The scent is like a 7/10. Not offensive at all, but not exciting. I'm a big lime fan, and this is like a very mild key lime scent. That said, "exciting" scents can burn the heck out of my face, and they make an otherwise great soap a no-go. This is AWESOME.
Now I want some better go see if they've got samples!

As I am always looking for a "sleeper" I ordered a tub of the regular tallow Vetiver and their new Silk Pajamas made with goat milk based on some reviews by shavers whose taste in soaps echo mine. I have wanted to try their soap for years, but it always seemed like I got sidetracked chasing down another soap. :oops:

As I am always looking for a "sleeper" I ordered a tub of the regular tallow Vetiver and their new Silk Pajamas made with goat milk based on some reviews by shavers whose taste in soaps echo mine. I have wanted to try their soap for years, but it always seemed like I got sidetracked chasing down another soap. :oops:

Report back with your thoughts here about it!

It will not disappoint. It likes water but, it will give an amazing silky smooth looking lather that is second to none. Post shave was great on the original but, somehow Shannon turned it up another notch. Yes, that good...

A quick look on the new formula with goat milk. Just as good as the original. I think it just might be a tad bit easier to build a creamy and luscious lather. Awesome goodness that took less than a minute from load to shave ready....

EACE737A-A8CD-45B1-AF04-627E321C6237.jpeg

9FD6F72E-8D90-409F-9644-218B5A6CAB42.jpeg

F586A4BC-AD89-49A5-A2CC-D4F5740B3D9A.jpeg

F3E51465-5FE2-4CED-B0BE-4EC3B0B37157.jpeg

0CDC79BA-1560-4063-B867-B2F8B0A980B7.jpeg

B67B5DC1-7685-4F40-9527-04A31B03FDF7.jpeg

Another knock out performer in Shannon’s line-up....

I spoke to Shannon via email early last week and she said she had a large spike in volume of orders last weekend and didn’t know why. I told her about this thread. I suspect this thread directly led to her increased sales.

Haha, that's excellent. Glad it helped. I too feel they are underrated. It's a good soap with good, clean ingredients. I haven't tried the latest formula but it's definitely on my to-buy list.

Yep, just placed a full order of Silk Pajamas in both soap & AS! Love the performance & the scent on this one. Masterfully done!!

Curious thing I have noticed is that their regular Haymarket Vetiver tallow soap seems to lather more richly than their goat milk Silk Pajamas. I have tried both via blooming & non-blooming and the results are always the same. The resultant shaves are both excellent, but just quirky I guess. Go figure.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I lathered up the Lakeshore Drive this morning; the goats milk version. It's always easy to lather, forgiving, slick and shiny. I just love these soaps. I also have the Black Magic and really dig its powerful voodoo scent. These are a staple in the den-den.

Etherea - one of my favorite scents, and great performer; doesn't mention lavender in the ingredient list, but sure has a strong note to my nose. I agree, top tier!

Top Bottom