What's new

Shannon's Soaps......way too underrated!!!

You guys have peaked my curiosity.
Has anyone tried both their regular soap base and their premium soap base (forest city fern and lakeshore drive) and would like to comment?

The best under the radar artisan soap maker in the business, period. I first bought my 2 tubs of Shannon’s Soaps back in January of 2017 and the performance was superb. Lady Luck & Silk Pajamas with the latter being perhaps the best Coconut, Sandalwood, Bay Rum with a bit of earthiness scented soap and performer I’ve ever used. And quite possibly the thirstiest soap I own but, it loves water and builds like few others can. Right there with GD, WK, DG, B&M and WSP. And post shave feel? Fuh-getaboutit!! Shannon’s takes a back seat to no one imho.....

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen Silk Pajamas on Shannon’s site for some time so, I use it sparingly and try to stretch it out hoping she restocks it some day.

View attachment 905467

Thanks for the feedback. Spot on! I think I said somewhere earlier that to put it right up there with today's super-performers shows just how good it really is!

My only question is why is it so much under the radar? Because they've been around since 2012 & are not the newest kid on the block?

My only question is why is it so much under the radar? Because they've been around since 2012 & are not the newest kid on the block?

Perhaps because many of the retailers don’t carry their products? I don’t recall seeing any of her soaps when I looked at West Coast Shaving, Razor Emporium, Maggard, or Q Brothers sites.

She may not have the capacity to do large volume wholesale. There is a big difference between running a single outlet boutique operation and supplying soap to large retail outlets at a very steep discount.

Good thing that we know the secret code for getting her soap, eh?

I spoke to Shannon via email early last week and she said she had a large spike in volume of orders last weekend and didn’t know why. I told her about this thread. I suspect this thread directly led to her increased sales.

Perhaps because many of the retailers don’t carry their products? I don’t recall seeing any of her soaps when I looked at West Coast Shaving, Razor Emporium, Maggard, or Q Brothers sites.
Maggards carries her soaps, don't know about the other retailers.
The reason I haven't bought any soaps from Shannons is because Maggards doesn't offer samples. I kind of tend to stick to brands that I can get samples from first. Don't want to be stuck with a soap or scent I don't like. I know I can get samples from the artisan's website, but with so many brands out there I've only had time to try sample soaps that Maggards carries. I have their edge shipping so I've been taking advantage of that. But I'll be ordering some samples from Shannon's now.

I spoke to Shannon via email early last week and she said she had a large spike in volume of orders last weekend and didn’t know why. I told her about this thread. I suspect this thread directly led to her increased sales.

Maybe so! I did encourage folks to head over to her site & put an order in so hopefully that was the reason!

This came in today. A couple more soups from Shannon’s plus an aftershave to match with the Barbershop scented soap.

D05454E7-6DAD-4A1A-8598-681258073E0B.jpeg

Showered up a little while ago and got down to business. And guess what, Gents? No surprises except an exceptional lather that was rich, creamy and just plain fantastic. I work my lathers to be wet but, to maintain a yogurt like consistency that still provides protection, cushion, glide and excellent residual slickness. Shannon’s did not disappoint in either category......

162A8FC6-5C4A-4CA4-8521-BA2BFAB4F08D.jpeg

4A5C2138-25AF-40A5-A31C-3D3D844CB694.jpeg

Post shave feel and finish is up there with some of the best. I actually think that it performed better than the other 2 that I have. Just an excellent performer and value. Amazing stuff.

Last edited:
This came in today. A couple more soups from Shannon’s plus an aftershave to match with the Barbershop scented soap.

View attachment 907044

Showered up a little while ago and got down to business. And guess what, Gents? No surprises except an exceptional lather that was rich, creamy and just plain fantastic. I work my lathers to be wet but, to maintain a yogurt like consistency that still provides protection, cushion, glide and excellent residual slickness. Shannon’s did not disappoint in either category......

View attachment 907045
View attachment 907046

Post shave feel and finish is up there with some of the best. I actually think that it performed better than the other 2 that I have. Just an excellent performer and value. Amazing stuff.

Hows the barbershop scent? Fougere-y with some powdery type goodness?

Any impressions about the new aftershaves? Thinking about picking a set.

Very good performance. I ordered it with menthol and it's not overly done. Goes on nice with quick absortion and no sticky feeling. Scent is ok, more herbaceous scent with the witch hazel mixed in. Doesn't linger long and interfere with any edt or cologne you'd like to throw on.

Hows the barbershop scent? Fougere-y with some powdery type goodness?

Yes and no. You get a nice semi sweet, with a bergamot and citrus type scent once you open the jar. Once you start building and applying the lather it opens up to a bit more herbal, earthy almost balsamic note while still holding on to that light sweetness and citrus accord. Blends in nicely.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it's a very thirsty soap. You gradually add water until you get the consistency that your looking for. It takes a minute or two but, definitely worth the extra time.

View attachment 907044

View attachment 907045
View attachment 907046

Amazing lather pictures Gus! That's exactly how I like mine to be--just like you described. She really does know how to make some awesome soap & for less than $12 a tub for most of her offerings--just incredible. Now I need to put another order in with Shannon’s. Is the Barbershop a unique scent or is it in the same vein as Soap Commander Honor or Mike's or WSP Barbershop?

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
You guys have peaked my curiosity.
Has anyone tried both their regular soap base and their premium soap base (forest city fern and lakeshore drive) and would like to comment?
Shannon's Lakeshore Drive got into my permanent rotation last week, wow this soap has everything you'd like and want. Aroma, lather, glide, post shave protection.

I looked for it while I was at Pasteur's last week after seeing on Shannon's website that it was available there. I even went twice and asked about it specifically. Perhaps it wasn't carried at the mid-town location. Either way, Shannon's Soap is now on my radar to pick up.

Top Bottom