Fumbling about.
Used mine today.

10-17-23.Osprey.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

Very nice brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My brush arrived yesterday, after I shaved of course. I used it this AM - lovely brush. Nice size for face lathering, great backbone (causing me to load a little too much soap, but I'll do better tomorrow), pretty handle. All in all a great brush.

I'm not surprised. I have an SOC boar TSN LE which is also a limited run with select hair. A regular Semogue is a very nice brush, and when they put together one of these special runs they always seem to hit a home run - albeit, with a price to match.

I just used mine today and it's a superb brush! It's my first silvertip brush to use and yea its awesome! I used it for face lathering and really enjoyed it, soft tips, good backbone, good size knot, handle fit well in my hands, really an excellent brush, super impressed, glad I got one.

... how long between Semogue LE releases...
It depends on whether there is demand created by a "partner".
Have a close look on the coin of your brush again... that's why it states "Barbear Português".
The partner might be a single person, a Facebook shaving group or a shaving forum... wait, a forum...? 😉

Ok, if there ever was a Semogue B&B Limited Edition ius primae noctis remains with me 😉🤣

Last edited:

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

A beautiful little gem!
I love these natural wood handles and the Semogue ones never gave me trouble. The wood material is a pleasure to touch and hold.

From what I gather, the brush is available in boar, boar/badger mix, and (two band finest) badger, has a 22mm knot and 50mm loft.
After December 1st the remaining ones will be sold through the same Vintage Scent source as the green Semogue Barbear Portugûes.

The prices are quite reasonable (€20, €35, €45 respectively), but the smallish knot does of course help keeping the price down.

It seems they made 100 of each version and at the moment there are quite a few left, which bodes well for those who are interested in getting one through Vintage Scent.

B.

A beautiful little gem!
I love these natural wood handles and the Semogue ones never gave me trouble. The wood material is a pleasure to touch and hold.

From what I gather, the brush is available in boar, boar/badger mix, and (two band finest) badger, has a 22mm knot and 50mm loft.
After December 1st the remaining ones will be sold through the same Vintage Scent source as the green Semogue Barbear Portugûes.

The prices are quite reasonable (€20, €35, €45 respectively), but the smallish knot does of course help keeping the price down.

It seems they made 100 of each version and at the moment there are quite a few left, which bodes well for those who are interested in getting one through Vintage Scent.

B.
Brutus,

You are quoting an LE offer published in 2013.

The green brush featured in this thread is available as badger brush only.

Cheers!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
A beautiful little gem!

B.

1699105243182.png

I just need a time machine.

Happy shaves,

Jim

A beautiful little gem!

B.

Ah, sorry missed that one…
Was too busy scarping together my limited Portuguese to pay attention to the thread date and got suckered in by the December 1 deadline, which would have made sense.

Would have been nice though.

B.

Is the hair bleached/ gel tipped / treated. Does it become crusty after drying - surest way to check if the hair have been treated. Thanks in advance!!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Is the hair bleached/ gel tipped / treated. Does it become crusty after drying - surest way to check if the hair have been treated. Thanks in advance!!
I dislike gelled tips intensely. I have several Semogue LE two band Finest brushes and there is no noticable gelling or crusty tips after drying. I suspect that means in practice that there is a very small amount of treatment, as I believe that all two band knots are treated to some degree. I assumed, but could be totally wrong, that gelling was limited to two band brushes so any treatment of this three band Silvertip seems unlikely to me. I would not hesitate to acquire this brush if the knot size suited me and if I favoured Silvertip.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

No, not as far as I can tell. I dislike gelled knots, too. To me the one I tried felt chemically treated and had a slimy feeling I find distasteful; it gets zero use, but I wouldn't sell it or give it to anyone. I'd feel guilt inflicting it upon anyone.

There are some knots which are a bit crusty when dried but which don't have gelled tips. The SV knots come to mind. Somebody on the forum got in touch with SV and was told the knots are not gelled at all. Some of my very favorites are my Saponificio Varesino brushes which are not at all gelled feeling but are a little crusty.

Leon @Leon could probably tell you for sure about the Racing Green three band, but I'm confident in my observations about it.

11-10-23.Opgress.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

I used mine today. Very nice brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
No crustiness, no gelling, just very soft, fine hair tips.

I shaved with mine again last night. Wonderful, wonderful brush and even better than I remembered it being. I don’t think I have another quite like it. It’s exceptional hair quality, as far as I can judge, and a very well constructed and balanced knot.

Top Bottom