What's new

Seaforth Soap and A/S

It's been a long, long time since I've posted around here. As I passed my display cabinet this morning my vintage Seaforth Shaving Mug caught my eye. So I decided to do some research and, low and behold - Seaforth has been brought back by Spearhead Shaving Company! So I just purchased both Heather and Spiced soaps and after-shave (threw in the razor case too). I thought it was a good way to spend a $100 gift from a dear friend.

Anybody feel like sharing their impressions of the new Seaforth soaps/aftershaves?

That's one of my biggest unknowns and gripes with new soaps is the performance. I've seen reviews stating the new Seaforth soaps perform very, very well. I'm excited to try them!

That's one of my biggest unknowns and gripes with new soaps is the performance. I've seen reviews stating the new Seaforth soaps perform very, very well. I'm excited to try them!
The Seaforth line is based on the Spearhead 20.1 base which I have several tubs of. It's one of the best soaps that I've used so far and I'd say the top one in 2020. Very creamy, easy to lather, and leaves the skin nice and soft at the end.

Great scents as well. I'm not the biggest fan of Spiced but Heather blew away my mind. Calming lavender fougere type with a bit of the bright pear-like notes on the top.

I found an old Two Tix shaving kit years ago with an empty but beautiful smelling soap cannister. I've looking for that soap ever since. I'm hoping it might be Seaforth Heather!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I found an old Two Tix shaving kit years ago with an empty but beautiful smelling soap cannister. I've looking for that soap ever since. I'm hoping it might be Seaforth Heather!
Please let us know! I've never tried any Seaforth, but have been SO tempted to get some off the 'Bay.

I also had no idea that it had been revived!

Please let us know! I've never tried any Seaforth, but have been SO tempted to get some off the 'Bay.

I also had no idea that it had been revived!
According to the Spearhead website it was released on October 1st so it's very recently been revived! I'm very excited to see such an old, respected name like Seaforth coming back.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
According to the Spearhead website it was released on October 1st so it's very recently been revived! I'm very excited to see such an old, respected name like Seaforth coming back.
Well said. I'm looking CLOSELY at those aftershave lotions.

It's been a long, long time since I've posted around here. As I passed my display cabinet this morning my vintage Seaforth Shaving Mug caught my eye. So I decided to do some research and, low and behold - Seaforth has been brought back by Spearhead Shaving Company! So I just purchased both Heather and Spiced soaps and after-shave (threw in the razor case too). I thought it was a good way to spend a $100 gift from a dear friend.

Anybody feel like sharing their impressions of the new Seaforth soaps/aftershaves?
Dangit! If anything will knock me out of a GRUME, it's Seaforth AS and soap!

I have some vintage Seaforth AS and it's amazing. I've been conserving it because it's unobtanium, but it seems that's no longer the case. I'll have to get some of the new stuff to compare it with the old stuff...at some point. Truthfully, my stash of Avon AS will probably last until after I'm dead, so I won't need more AS...

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Dangit! If anything will knock me out of a GRUME, it's Seaforth AS and soap!

I have some vintage Seaforth AS and it's amazing. I've been conserving it because it's unobtanium, but it seems that's no longer the case. I'll have to get some of the new stuff to compare it with the old stuff...at some point. Truthfully, my stash of Avon AS will probably last until after I'm dead, so I won't need more AS...

Phoenix came out with Diver Down...which is a Seaforth! Spiced knockoff. It may be closer to the original that you have. Read their website on it. I have both the remake called Seaforth! Spiced and PAA Diver Down. Personally, I prefer Seaforth! Spiced. But the PAA product isn't bad. No clue which would be closer to the original.

From the Spearhead website:

The scent for Seaforth! Spiced was developed by Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux and Maher Olfactive. Spiced is a classic and familiar scent structure, but with fresh life breathed into it. The opening feels new by using a more modern mandarin citrus and different aldehydes. Meanwhile, the base underneath is familiar, with warm spices, creamy sweetness and a classic finish. Spiced is a new and inviting take on the classic spice scents of the mid-20th century.

Spiced might not be an exact replica of the vintage scent but a modern take on it.

I picked up a little bottle of Seaforth! Spiced off ebay a few months ago. Whether or not it's actual Seaforth! is unknown, but it's a very nice scent. Based on that, I bought the PAA Diver Down set, and it's different, but it pairs well.
Just ordered the Spearhead Spiced and Heather aftershaves from WCS, so hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week, and can compare them to Diver Down and the little bottle of Seaforth to see how they all compare.

I have both and they are great. Easy to lather and wonderful protection. I like both but if I had to chose it would be the Heather

Well they arrived safe and sound. I’m very happy! I’m especially happy to see “beef tallow” in the ingredients. Should make a very nice foam! Initial, off-the-cuff impressions of the scents are that Spiced isn’t nearly as strong or as bay-rummy as I expected. But I hear it has great longevity so we will see.

Heather has a nice, cedar-ish scent but also something else in there I can’t figure out. Either way, I’ll enjoy giving these a spin for the holidays. Merry Christmas to me 😊

Attachments

• 9D5EDA75-3A6E-4166-A425-830E8BCE61F3.jpeg
    9D5EDA75-3A6E-4166-A425-830E8BCE61F3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • A99D84E9-E518-41C1-9681-CE2A9E3DDC9C.jpeg
    A99D84E9-E518-41C1-9681-CE2A9E3DDC9C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • BB212B99-E78A-4FBF-8017-0C09C0EDEB27.jpeg
    BB212B99-E78A-4FBF-8017-0C09C0EDEB27.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 6A9F6263-8E79-4348-B30B-693F0F1B116A.jpeg
    6A9F6263-8E79-4348-B30B-693F0F1B116A.jpeg