What's new

Seaforth Soap and A/S

Tried the SPICED this morning. Excellent lather, very creamy and rich but the scent was more subdued than I expected. Had a wonderful 2-pass shave with my '53 President and a trusty Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp blade made in India (from their Saloon Pack, LOL). Followed up with Seaforth! Spiced After-Shave Toner. Boy the aftershave has a totally different smell on the face than in the bottle. Distinct old-world, bay-rum/spice character! I'm pleased with the results. Next time I will try the Heather. I'm thinking I may prefer it to the Spiced.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dangit! If anything will knock me out of a GRUME, it's Seaforth AS and soap!

I have some vintage Seaforth AS and it's amazing. I've been conserving it because it's unobtanium, but it seems that's no longer the case. I'll have to get some of the new stuff to compare it with the old stuff...at some point. Truthfully, my stash of Avon AS will probably last until after I'm dead, so I won't need more AS...
I could have typed that...!

Tried Heather soap and A/S this morning. It was very, very nice! The longevity of both of these aftershaves is very good. They both lasted the better part of the day before I noticed the scent dropping off. I look forward to having Spiced and Heather in my rotation for a long time!

Ok, I need to know. Is the Heather the same as the original or just a close copy. Is it just a similar in smell and performance or the right on the money.

I realize I am been demanding with my information. With the shave equipment I have from my Grandfather, he passed away 1976, was a Seaforth mug with soap in it. He had switched to an electric razor in the 1960's so the Seaforth was before that time. Every so often on special days I take his soap, brush and mug for a run. I just would like to have the original smell and performance just because.

Ok, I need to know. Is the Heather the same as the original or just a close copy. Is it just a similar in smell and performance or the right on the money.

I realize I am been demanding with my information. With the shave equipment I have from my Grandfather, he passed away 1976, was a Seaforth mug with soap in it. He had switched to an electric razor in the 1960's so the Seaforth was before that time. Every so often on special days I take his soap, brush and mug for a run. I just would like to have the original smell and performance just because.
I can't tell because I never smelled the original but what I know is that this Heather by Spearhead smells Amazing! It's probably my favorite scent of 2020 because it's so unique yet so pleasing to smell.

Agree with Timeclo. I don't have the previous scent to compare it with so I can't tell you how similar it is but both scents are very pleasing!

If the bottle of Seaforth cologne I have is the original scent, then no, the Spearhead isn't exactly the same as what's in my Seaforth bottle.
That said, I know scents can change as they age, so it might be what Seaforth! Spiced might have smelled like. Diver Down from PAA has a lot more 'spice' in the scent than the bottle of Seaforth cologne, but Doug Smyth did use the original Seaforth! Spiced as the basis. He has a long write up on the product page.

PXL_20210205_150944278.jpg

I used the Seaforth Spiced soap and AS sample today

It wasn't the easiest lather I've ever had but once I got it going it was nice.

Performance was what you expect from a quality soap - nothing unique but that's not a bad thing. Unless it's amazing or awful most soaps feel the same to me.

The scent is nice. That's why I buy soaps (unless they don't perform).

This is definitely spicy - mostly peppery with just that hint of vanilla.

But not overpowering. Certain smells, especially strong ones can give me headaches. But two hours later I had still smell the hint of spice but no headache.

I really like the aftershave. I don't do alcohol or stingy based as. Usually it's just a splash of witch hazel or my Nivea balm.

I might actually buy this as a change of pace to my witch hazel (if I recall correctly this is a witch hazel base anyway). I have a few soaps that o enjoy but their scent doesn't last long. I might pair them with this.

I'm still on the fence about trying the Heather. It is NOTICEABLY much stronger and I don't want a massive headache.

The scent profile is nice but more of a cologne scent that my wife said "kind of reminds me of my grandpa"

I might add it in to my next PIF to let someone else try it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1218510

I used the Seaforth Spiced soap and AS sample today

It wasn't the easiest lather I've ever had but once I got it going it was nice.

Performance was what you expect from a quality soap - nothing unique but that's not a bad thing. Unless it's amazing or awful most soaps feel the same to me.

The scent is nice. That's why I buy soaps (unless they don't perform).

This is definitely spicy - mostly peppery with just that hint of vanilla.

But not overpowering. Certain smells, especially strong ones can give me headaches. But two hours later I had still smell the hint of spice but no headache.

I really like the aftershave. I don't do alcohol or stingy based as. Usually it's just a splash of witch hazel or my Nivea balm.

I might actually buy this as a change of pace to my witch hazel (if I recall correctly this is a witch hazel base anyway). I have a few soaps that o enjoy but their scent doesn't last long. I might pair them with this.

I'm still on the fence about trying the Heather. It is NOTICEABLY much stronger and I don't want a massive headache.

The scent profile is nice but more of a cologne scent that my wife said "kind of reminds me of my grandpa"

I might add it in to my next PIF to let someone else try it.
This is the most complete review of the new Seaforth that I have read ANYWHERE. I have been so tempted to buy these, but my lovely War Department has put a moritorium on my acquisition of shaving related stuff. (And I SURE don't need anymore stuff. Lol, I could open a shave shoppe!)

This is the most complete review of the new Seaforth that I have read ANYWHERE. I have been so tempted to buy these, but my lovely War Department has put a moritorium on my acquisition of shaving related stuff. (And I SURE don't need anymore stuff. Lol, I could open a shave shoppe!)

DM me your address and I'll send the Heather sample your way

I became aware of the samples from this thread and just received both. So far, I've only tried the Heather as I liked its scent out of the container best. I've tried it the last two mornings and I'm still not getting great lather, even after upping the amount of soap considerably this last time around. Might not be a problem at all when loading a brush off the full size puck, but it seems like it wants a lot less water than most soaps.

The scent is bright and clean. Nice and pleasant. I think in the Fougere category, but on the bright end. More and more I'm realizing that citrus is what I like most of all, so I'm not sure I'll purchase this one in the full size. But I suspect many will like the scent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom