What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Today's shave was a new to me razor on loan from @AlphaFrank75. I owned the V1 in 2017-2018 and could never get a good shave from it. I ended up selling it. And to add another first into the mix is the Kai Pink. I have not had the pleasure to try Kai AC blades.

Ironic since my favorite DE blade is the Kai Super Stainless.

Tonight's shave:

Asylum RX v2
Kai Pink (1)
Paladin Neptune Pk-47 Select Badger
Tabac Tallow
Bootlegger's Green Freeze
2 pass shave with minor touchup in trouble spots.

I chose to ride the top cap like a GEM razor.
No irritation. One very minor nick from an ingrown hair that occurred from yesterday's shave. Not faulting the RX at all. End result was an excellent BBS shave.

I will have to invest in Kai AC blades.

10/10 BBS

It appears that my technique has greatly improved over the past 6-7 years.

image.jpg

IMG_1347.jpeg

Razor: DeHaven Model No 3 (with wire clip blade holder retainer)
Blade: Torpedo Lieres Carbon Blade (half DE blade adapted to fit blade holder)
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Pre-shave: King of Shaves Sensitive Shave Serum
Soap: Arko stick
Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive Cool Post Shave Balm
On hand, but use not required:
Styptic pencil: Murrays
Blood Bag: A+

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, May 17th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE 50mm with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023> tame mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with a nimble feel to it when shaving. I like to match this razor with a Kai Captain titian mild seems to work the best for myself. Small head parts make it very nimble to work the beard and just a joy to use. Had a close comfortable shave this morning .
Blade : Kai Captain Titian mild 50mm AC type(10) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity. This blade just set a mile stone for first AC type 50mm blade to get 10 excellent shaves over 10 weeks with reasonable life left in it. I'm not sure if this is a constant but the blade is just performing well for my beard and happy to have purchased them from RR sale.
Soap : Razorock Emperor, unique linear scent that has excellent lather qualities.(I enjoy the Emperor scent slightly more!)
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice handle to feel with a decent knot that puts a smile on my face!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Razorock Emperor splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE 50mm with a Kai mild.(Great shave blade with 10 uses and producing excellent shaves with excellent).
SOTD May 17 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240314_090201.jpg

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm