What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Occam's OREN Razor
Feather Super Professional (1)
Simpson Duke 3 Best badger
Tabac Tallow shave soap
Bootlegger's Green Freeze
2 pass shave
Minor irritation on AS
9.5/10 BBS shave

Only razor in my arsenal that you have to apply some pressure to get a close shave. My only knock on the razor. Otherwise, gives a get shave.

Hawk V2 with guarded Kai. Comfortable, easy and smooth. I think this will be my go-to travel setup.
IMG_8610.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday April 24, 2024
Razor: Wolfman WR3 0.35 OC/Timeless Ti Crown
Blade: PTFE (6)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Peppermint Trip

My brother reminded me that our late mother would have been 106 years old had she celebrated a birthday yesterday. This is tangentially related to shaving, as Mom was firmly in love with her Lady Gillette razor decades after my father sold out and went electric.

So, I determined last day to try extending my use of this blade. I'm aware that some folks "with air for hair" :) can get a lot more shaves out of a Gem blade, but for me five's always been the limit between "I think it's done" and "I know it's done." I used to push them farther out of sheer cussedness (as my mother used to remind me I suffer from) but ending a shave with irritation and then having to start the next one still with irritation just isn't my thing. Five works; keeps me happy and also reminds me that the Universe does not always work like I want it to.

Glad I tried it again. To misquote Lord Kelvin, "If you try it, you will know." Five it is.

O.H.

Top Bottom