What's new

Scritichiest Brush Around

I have been a big fan of the Omega 40033 for a long time. Which other brushes out there have you guys found to be as scritchy as this one or even more so? Boar, badger, synthetic doesn't matter to me.

Thanks
Joel

I have been a big fan of the Omega 40033 for a long time. Which other brushes out there have you guys found to be as scritchy as this one or even more so? Boar, badger, synthetic doesn't matter to me.

Thanks
Joel
Scritchy, or Scrubby?
I don't find my Omega Pro 10098 scritchy.

I would give a vie-long horse a ride. Don't use tight circles with them though, larger circles or painting strokes. They can tangle. A similar ratio blond Omega - 2:1 height to knot. So far, Zenith seems very similar.

Pure badgers tend to be scritchy if you like that, where manchurian badgers lean heavily toward scrubby. Zenith Manchurian displays some nice scrub for under $100. Semogue offers a 2-band finest and a mixed badger/boar which each can be scrubby. Short lofted Zenith boar brushes like the Chubby Scrubby can be scrubby. There is really a broad spectrum of scritchy scrub to soft scrub represented by these brushes. You just have to experiment. That's the fun part.

This rated #1 in my grouping.

Fantastic face lathering brush

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A short lofted S Brush might give you what you're looking for.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just am tired of bristles falling out of my cheap boars, and I just have a hard time spending lots of money on any more shaving stuff. My lovely War Department is kinda freaking out over spending since I was forced into early retirement. She's been better to me than anyone could imagine for over 30 years now, and I don't need to add to her stress.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just am tired of bristles falling out of my cheap boars, and I just have a hard time spending lots of money on any more shaving stuff. My lovely War Department is kinda freaking out over spending since I was forced into early retirement. She's been better to me than anyone could imagine for over 30 years now, and I don't need to add to her stress.

What brushes are in your den now?

Sorry to hear that!
If I was in the US, I could have sent you a nice synthetic brush.

My recommendation for a brush with great scrub (not scritch) would be a Yaqi two band finest badger. For around $25 shipped, they have great scrub, backbone/density and fantastic handles.

FarmerTan

What brushes are in your den now?
I'm not home at the moment, but I have one brush. I'll try to remember to find out what it's called. I either got it in a kit, or bought it st Sally's. One of them I threw out when it started shedding excessively.

FarmerTan

Sorry to hear that!
If I was in the US, I could have sent you a nice synthetic brush.

My recommendation for a brush with great scrub (not scritch) would be a Yaqi two band finest badger. For around $25 shipped, they have great scrub, backbone/density and fantastic handles.
Thanks for the thought, and the recommendation!

Top Bottom