What's new

Schick Type O is Being Produced Again

I've used my "O" clone with a vintage Schick Platinum Plus for the last three shaves.
I must say that I'm underwhelmed. :07:
It's mild. So mild that I can still see the stubble after the stroke.
I find myself pressing harder and got a bit of irritation under my chin on the first day.
The second and third shaves were somewhat better but I'm thinking of transferring that blade to my "66" and trying one of the vintage Twins.
The handle is a bit long for my taste as well... I'm still learning what it wants to teach me.
But if we never make peace, I may have to send this to one of you guys for "proper disposal".

I've used my "O" clone with a vintage Schick Platinum Plus for the last three shaves.
I must say that I'm underwhelmed. :07:
It's mild. So mild that I can still see the stubble after the stroke.
I find myself pressing harder and got a bit of irritation under my chin on the first day.
The second and third shaves were somewhat better but I'm thinking of transferring that blade to my "66" and trying one of the vintage Twins.
The handle is a bit long for my taste as well... I'm still learning what it wants to teach me.
But if we never make peace, I may have to send this to one of you guys for "proper disposal".
I have the O Clone, and initially used it with a single blade and it was fine . I now use it with a Twin and though it is a smooth shaver[ sometimes may be called mild] it is also efficient and delivers super close shaves. Today had an outing with the blade on 10 - DFS.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My eBarbershop injector razor came in today. Woohooo!! Looks really good. I like the weight of it. It’s top heavy, but that’s a good thing. Just another day or so until the blades (chicks) get to Walgreens.

Nice. You'll like the razor I think.

You will probably find that it will give you a very mild shave with the Chicks. It may take a bit of work, but be very comfortable if you want BBS. However, if you get some of the Japanese Schick Injector II twin blades, that is a world of difference, they transform the razor into a super-efficient, smooth shaving machine. The consensus here is pretty much a great combo.

I prefer the TWIN blades, too.

TypeO.TypeOClone.Side.Top.JPG

However, by mistake I used a single edge blade (not a TWIN) in the Schick Type O. I thought I'd picked up and was using the ebarbershop Type O clone with a TWIN, but I'd picked up the wrong razor. So, I shaved thinking I was using a TWIN blade and I wasn't.

It was a surprisingly good shave with a blade which wasn't a TWIN, but the TWIN blade is better I think for me.

The TWIN blades can be found on eBay. Easier than fooling with the Japanese sales process. A ten pack lasts a very, very long time.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
ebarbershop is going out of business on August 18 if interested in the o type clone. There was a message on their site.

ebarbershop is going out of business on August 18 if interested in the o type clone. There was a message on their site.

Thanks for the heads-up. I bought two extra Type O clones (there's a 30% off sale) as backups. I also asked the owner where he gets them from so that I can let you gents know. I hope he responds to me.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Always hate to hear of a traditional wetshaving concern going by the side, even if it was a replica/clone .. but their razor didn't work on my beard, just like the genuine Type O doesn't ..

I also ordered one, have lots of twin injector blades for my Gillette Trac II or as more commonly known, Twinjector. Been wanting to buy one and look at the site on occasion, guess I thought it would always be there. Also ordered the ebarbershop lilac and musk aftershaves in glass bottles. Don’t like to see a shave shop go.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Ordered two more ebarbershop Type O injector clones a few days ago having been informed by Joel @Johnnynroy. I hope somebody picks up on selling these most perfect and excellent clones.

Top Bottom