What's new

Plating on Schick Injector Type F?

Thought I would deep clean my Type F after many years of no proper use really.
But I suddenly was reluctant of polishing the head. Is the plating very thin?
I can´t remember what have been written and I can´t easily find any threads about it. Will some coats of Mother´s be ok? I would hate to see the plating go down the drain.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm not 100% sure but my impression was the Type F was solid alloy, not plated. I sold mine off, but I did use mild polish a couple times to no ill effect.

Not plated, but surely the F is anodized aluminum alloy for the most part. A metal polish suitable for automotive alloys, used gently, should be fine. The gold cap on the head is plated brass or bronze I imagine. I would try detergent and buffing with a soft cloth on that.

I'm not 100% sure but my impression was the Type F was solid alloy, not plated. I sold mine off, but I did use mild polish a couple times to no ill effect.
Thanks! I could not wait for answers so I put it to some light polishing on. Especially the handle came out greater than the pics. Really. Light hand on the head though.
I have read that some suggest that (some) heads of the F were plated with gold finish- but I am not too sure about that.. Maybe.
I certainly can´t tell for sure if mine is brass/copper or gold..

Here are two lousy pics which include the other fellows that I have in my rotation this week and maybe next as well.
1709073539178.jpeg

1709073570498.jpeg

Top Bottom