What's new

Schick September...

I know that the Schick Injector was the razor of the month for August, but are their any Schick fans out there who will join me in a September of Schick smoothness?

Darn it. I have already committed to my own personal "Love Your Micromatics" month here at the homestead. I shall be with you in spirit and will make it a point to speak lovingly to each of my Schicks on a daily basis. Have fun.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I have a Schick Plus Platinum loaded in my Edwin Jagger razor. Does that count??

Well, I am two days in to the Schick September and both shaves with the L=1 have been fun and nearly effortless. On Sunday, I will switch to the J-3 "Golden 500" Hydromagic and the following week it will be my Father's J-1.

JC, I guess the Schick blade in the EJ makes you an "honorary participant".

Right now the current set up is

Schick L-1 with a current production Schick blade.
L'Occitaine CADE in a 1975 Old Spice mug.
Omega #49
Witch Hazel
Nivea ASB
CO Bigelow 1585 cologne.

let me know when Schicktober starts.

I already had two DE shaves this month.

It's never too late to join in.

I received a "few" Schick "G" Razors and started shaving with one on the 29th, I guess I'll continue through September and participate. I had my fourth shave this morning with a Chinese Schick blade and want to see how many I can put on one. I also picked up some Personna 74's and two twenty packs of Personna mini shaper blades by mistake, they have no key, but are the same size as the injector blades. i plan on re-filling the Schick dispenser after it's empty.

BTW I really like the shaves from the "G", the blade angle is as close to a Straight Razor and just as dangerous if your not careful, I suffered a few nicks around the chin while trying for the correct angle.

I agree that the Schicks give excellent shaves. But for me it feels like going to Sturgis Rally drivin a scooter. Can't do it too often.

Today was shave #6 with the L-1. I changed the blade and set it aside after I was finished. Tomorrow, I'll begin a week of shaving with my J-3 "Golden 500".

I had my 5th Injector ,"G", shave with a Chinese Schick Blade, Tabac SS, Face Lathered with a Rudy Vey & Vie-Long 100% Horse @45/20. I'm getting better results around the chin, no nicks, cuts or weepers, 2 pass and a touch-up under the chin & Jawline, No visible whisker growth until the 17th hour. I'm conflicted since getting the Injector, now my SE will be regulated to Head Shaves (at least for now), and my DE's sit in my Cigar Box waiting for some love. I had just purchased a Schick Krona, but won't try it until Schicktember is completed, Sigh!

BTW, what's the average longevity of the Chinese Blades? I've used it 5 times without any noticeable degradation of performance, I'm looking for ~12, is that unreasonable?

Last edited:
I usually get 10 or so shaves out of them. And if you get the Krona, it still counts. It is a Schick after all.

I usually get 10 or so shaves out of them. And if you get the Krona, it still counts. It is a Schick after all.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been itching to try it, looks like Monday is the Day. Thanks for the info on the Blade expectancy.

I couldn't wait til Monday, I had my first shave with my Krona, Rapira Blade & Zirh Latherless Cream was a very smooth 2 pass DFS. The Razor was well balanced & the handle is comfortable, the slim head was easy to maneuver under my nose, overall a fine addition to my SS, Clog-Pruf and Injector .

Well, today was shave 2 with the J-3 Golden 500. Yesterday, I face lathered with some C.O. Bigelow cream and got a very smooth DFS. Today, I mug lathered on the puck with my Omega 10049 and L'Occitaine CADE. Again it was a smooth DFS. Glad you like the Krona. I may have to pick one of those up, one day.

I went Back to the "G" Injector & tried my sample of latherless Menscience Advance Shave Formula, it had the consistency of hand lotion and I had to rinse the razor under running water, tossed the remaining sample. The second pass was completed with Zirh Latherless Shave Cream, mainly my Head Shaving Medium, it has the consistency and scent of Noxema facial cleanser. The Zirh left my face moisturized and refreshed, and rinses from the razor with a few swirls in the standing sink water.

Day #2 with a Shick Plus Platinum injector blade in a Type G. While the shaves are close they are not smooth and easy, either these blades are not as good as the Shick Krona blade or my technique with a Type G needs work. I need to try one in another razor.

Mike

Well, I just finished a week with my Schick J-1. I got 13 good shaves out of the current production blade. I am now back to my L-1 with a fresh blade tomorrow.

Does the Eversharp count?

It's a Schick, Yes!

I've been going between my EverSharp Injector and Krona DE, both new additions in time for Schicktember. The Injector still has my first Chinese Schick blade, 8 shaves logged and it's still comfortable, Sharp & no tugging or pulling, I'll keep using it for another 3-4 shaves. For me, the drawback to Injector shaving, is having to wait ~36 hours for enough growth for my next shave, and then I'll use the Krona. I only use a two-pass with touch-up around the jawline & neck, so to have such a close shave from the Injector baffles and amazes me. The DE shave will allow enough stubble in ~16-17 hours to make shaving an option, and my best SE shaves, using a Clog-Pruf would last ~20-24 hours, does anyone else have this experience?

I have noticed a shorter re-growth with my DEs as opposed to my Injectors. Since I have never used a SE, I can't say about those...

Top Bottom