What's new

Scents for Fall - B & M Nocturne

Nocturne is my #1 soap fragrance thus far. One of two soaps I have started to hoard/stockpile. It reminds me so much of the smell of the country store at the farm that we went to as kids during October to get pumpkins, walk through corn field mazes, and do hay rides and the like. Apple cider, bond fire, cool air with the scent of piles of leaves, and muddy/moist wooden floors. Perfection.

I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with my Nocturne.

It smells like straight up Skoal Cherry Dipspit mixed with Machine Oil in a 100 year old Wire Mill.

It's not really smoky or Apple-like at all, IMO. Unless I got a bad batch??? :confused:

I ordered a couple of back-ups and was also disappointed in the smell as compared to my original puck. Too much smoke and other bits and not enough awesomeness. I let one air out for about a week and while it's still a bit off, it improved quite a bit. I used it a couple of weeks ago and the scent was quite acceptable.

That said, my wife says while she likes it, she does not smell apples or cider at all in the original puck. Try airing it out for a while and see if you like it. If not, I'm sure you could find a Nocturne Enthusiast to take it off your hands. I'd personally be more than happy to take one for the team.:001_302:

Top Bottom